Nest...I’m 65 now and working...

I’m 65 now and due to start taking my SP in July (5 years late because of our government...I’m one of those women) I’m still working P/time and I got an email from Nest asking me what I should do, but I can’t log in to the website...so here’s my question:

If I keep working p/t can I continue to pay into NEST (I believe my employer contributes as well) then in 12 months just withdraw the “pot” or do I have to stop contributions because I will be drawing my SP as well as working?
Thanks
No two ways about this one: Anything Free is not a Basic Right..it had to be earned...by someone, somewhere

Comments

• hugheskevi
    hugheskevi Posts: 3,854 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    I’m 65 now and due to start taking my SP in July (5 years late because of our government...I’m one of those women)
    You have to go back to the Conservative Government of the 1990s if you want to allocate blame for 5 years, not the current government, but let's not go there again.
    If I keep working p/t can I continue to pay into NEST
    Yes.
    (I believe my employer contributes as well)
    Yes, although after State Pension age you are no longer covered by automatic enrolment requirements but can can choose to opt-in to your employer's pension scheme (not relevant to your current employment as you are already a member).
    then in 12 months just withdraw the “pot” or do I have to stop contributions because I will be drawing my SP as well as working?
    Withdrawing pot in 12 months will be fine. State Pension receipt has no relevance to private pension contributions, but note the maximum amount you can contribute to a pension and receive tax relief on is your earnings from employment, and State Pension does not count towards this.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure