PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Sunday 19th May

Nelski
Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
edited 19 May 2019 at 7:40AM in Old style MoneySaving
This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Morning :)
Looks a bit like rain here today good excuse for a pj day me thinks

My friend is off home this morning and whilst I have really enjoyed her company I am very ready to go back to my solo life. The house looks like a bomb hit it ....a very large one at that and well I am ashamed of the kitchen :eek: You know when niggles start to creep in well that happened yesterday when I realised that for a whole week she has not lifted a finger not even made a cuppa. Still I am going to remember the laughs not the grumps.

Eurovision night was its usual giggle and we had lots of picky bits which will tide me over today too.

Hope everyone has a great day and whatever is going on try to keep smiling :)

Comments

• TravellingAbuela
    TravellingAbuela Posts: 6,670 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Morning folks and thanks NELSKI. No rain forecast for us but very little sunshine forecast either. Just a dull sort of day.

I ironed the landing curtains yesterday and then decided not to put them back up! It looks so much lighter and brighter without them so I am thinking of just getting some voile ones instead. I think a visit to Dunelm is called for. Plus I don't need such a big laundry basket cluttering the landing up now there is just me filling it so will look out for a smaller one at the same time. The list is growing!

I have an abundance of both eggs and bananas so planning on banana pancakes for breakfast, with a dollop of Greek yogurt and some raspberries. A nice little treat.

Have a good day folks and ((HUGS)) as always for the poorlies, sad, worried or lonely and take care all xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • nmlc
    nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Morning everyone

Nelski - thanks for starting us off, bit cheeky of your guest not too lift a finger, good timing that she's homeward bound! x

Hugs to those that want/need one, those who are poorly, and those who are looking after a poorly person x

DH and myself are enjoying first cuppas of the day, DS1 still in his pit. DS2 settled and ok.

Very misty/foggy start to the day here.

Dinner last night was steak and ale pie, chips, peas and gravy for the menfolk, I had mushroom omelette and salad. We will have roast lamb, roasties, mash, cauli/broc cheese, carrots, swede, peas, yorkshires and gravy later.

We were quite chilled yesterday afternoon, we watched loads of catch up tv - as we'd got loads all saved. Today won't be anything heavy going either, I'll get the roast sorted and pack ups done too then chill.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,011 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Morning all.

Grey and damp here too.

DM is sitting up in bed eating her porridge, berries and yogurt. She had a really good day yesterday; showering 'alone' and then sitting with her visitor for about three hours doing the crossoword. She wanted to be in her sitting room, lovely to see. Mind you, she slept for most of the rest of the day.

As for me - my shopping trip was spoilt by my mobile going black and not rebooting so I'm off this morning to the shop for a 'genius' to have a look at it. Because of an event in Glasgow all the city centre buses are being diverted so I'm going to have a ride on the subway instead, it takes me onto Buchanan Street which is perfect!

Nelski - enjoy the rest, you deserve it.

TA - I hope you can find some voiles which suit.

Hugs to all those struggling with life - Happy Sunday to all.
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Morning all

Did not get on at all yesterday the day just ran away with me ! I went shopping with dd and had to visit three shops to get lots of bits we had run out off came home and put it all away which is the bit I hate.

OH and I went for a cycle ride in the afternoon we went up to my work using the back roads to see how long it would take it took 1/2 hr there and 25 mins on the way back as its down hill :D I am going to start cycling to work a couple of days a week.

I have some weight to shift my weight has been creeping up over about a year and I was very shocked when I weighed myself last week so operation lose weight is in full swing and part of this is exercise ! We already go walking so cycling is the next thing, I am not happy exercising indoors as I am a fresh air person so this should be perfect, I do need a new saddle though as I am a bit saddle sore downstairs today :eek:

We are having a bbq today with some low fat burgers and chicken kebabs I also made coleslaw with a low fat dressing which was lovely.

Will take the dog out for a long walk today and maybe have a cycle later on.

Nels I hate that feeling when you get fed up with guests, it doesn't take long with me :rotfl:there is that old saying 'Fish and visitors stink after three days' which I think is very true !!

Gers I am glad mum seems to be settling well xx

Have good days all xx
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    Morning all

Thanks for the thread Nelski and hugs to all those in need.

Nelski, Benjamin Franklin said guest are like fish, both start to smell after 3 days.

Raging sore throat here so I think a lazy day is in order.

Have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    nelski

I fancy a pyjama day myself but a couple of DDs are popping in for lunch in about an hour. I felt a bit wobbly yesterday so was pottering round in nightie and dressing gown when a neighbour called round which was a bit embarassing. Fortunately a female neighbour so we had a short chat inside and I explained I was not feeling great.

I have a beef stew in the pressure king pro which will be finished off in a fancy cast iron pot in the oven. Diced potatoes are in a saucepan ready to be boiled and mashed and I have some carrot batons and frozen peas to go in another pan on the hob. I cooked some Scotch pancakes which can be topped with fresh raspberries and a little yoghurt for a dessert.

Once DDs have gone I plan to be back in a dressing gown once dishes are in the dishwasher etc and put my feet up with cups of tea and watch vintage tv and just relax.

Just have time to wash my hair and get changed before a DD pops round at twelve. Fortunately the grocery delivery due at twelve was delivered early as they phoned to check it was OK and groceries have been put away.

Hester

Take care of yourself and make sure you have hot drinks etc to soothe your throat.

GQ

It is bad enough that you have an ugly great box squatting outside your window and blocking your light but the debris they left is taking the mick.

hugs to all
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • RosyRed
    RosyRed Posts: 3,079 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Afternoon all,
    Its very quiet here today,hope everyone is off enjoying their Sunday. Actually it's quiet here too,both DS are out and no DGC today.DH and I have been to a farmers market at Hoghton Tower,I know some of you Northerners will be familiar with it.
    DH bought some beer,some pies and some samosas.Shame it wasn't sunny.We ended up having a burger for DH and a cumberland sausage butty for me from a nice meat stall.The next one in a month has a classic car show as well,we had a place there a few years ago when we still had our classic- an Austin Healey Frogeye Sprite to give it is full title :). I quite miss it really, it got us out on a Sunday to lots of different places.
    Got back and DH is painting the fence where he altered it- hope it doesn't rain,it's very cloudy.I'm doing flat iron steak for tea,and blackcurrant and apple tart for after.
    Nelski,our friends have visitors like that,niece& family who stay for the weekend,my friend is usually exhausted once they've gone :eek:
    Happy Sunday everyone xx
    :heartsmil 'A woman is like a teabag: You never know her strength until you drop her in hot water'. (Eleanor Roosevelt)
  • dp1
    dp1 Posts: 1,673 Forumite
    Hi everyone - it's very quiet on here today.
    Redruby - I cycle to work but I cheat as I have an electric bike! It used to take me 30 minutes to walk home, but it's only just over 5 minutes on my bike. It's the best thing I've ever bought.
    Yesterday was really miserable here...wet and foggy all day. I was out with DD and baby in the morning and then had a lovely lazy afternoon by myself. Little granddaughter stayed with me last night and slept for almost 9 hours! Unfortunately I didn't have a good sleep at all....like I just couldn't settle because she was in the room. Never mind, when she woke at 6.15 I was rewarded with the cutest smile. She weighed in at 9lbs 4 last Wednesday and is now only on her oxygen at night time.
    Been down to sit with my dad this morning, then just been reading newspaper and pottering about. Should really cut the grass as the front is looking terrible.....but it looks a bit like it could rain....and I really can't be bothered! DD is coming up for tea later...I've prepared breaded chicken and Ive new potatoes and salad
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure