New Post Advanced Search

Solicitor fees

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Mortgages & Endowments
7 replies 556 views
Housebuy12345Housebuy12345 Forumite
211 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Mortgages & Endowments
£15000, flat. FTB and also leasehold house.

Seems a lot?

Replies

• haras_nosirrahharas_nosirrah Forumite
    2.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    yes 15k is very steep
    if you mean 1.5k then it is reasonable
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • ^��������

I’m on an iPhone and I can’t change it.
  • amnblogamnblog Forumite
    11.6K posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leasehold is much more work.
    I am a Mortgage Broker

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • ThrugelmirThrugelmir Forumite
    72.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    What's the value of the flat?
    “Markets have been so good for so long, that many investors are trivialising the advanatages of actively managing portfolio risk" - Gervais Williams
  • £190,000.... glad I got the , in the right place
  • davidmcndavidmcn Forumite
    17.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you say "fees" do you mean purely their fee for the legal work, as opposed to VAT and disbursements on top of that?
  • Hi David, everything included in the one
    Price. I’m a FTB and also I don’t have a government ISA. So fairly straight forward - apart from the leasehold.

MSF blocked my account as I copied and pasted the quotes which it must have picked up on the spam
    Filter.