What do the men wear?

May sound a silly question but we are unsure of what to put df in!! I have just ordered dress and last night dd found her dress that she would like, we are a far way off but would like to buy bits and bobs before if poss so trying to get orgonised..
Dd's dress is burgundy and my dress ivory, so what could df wear with his suit to compliment this? i have noticed a similar shop sell matching items as the dress so it will be the exact same colour they do cravettes and waistcoats...then the suit in balck..will this look right..is there some sort of special item they must wear! ( i have seen the waist bits?)
I think the reason im thinking into it too much is that we are marrying on a cruise ship and trying to work out what to buy to use again instead of buying loads of the same thing..hope that makes sense!
Thanks.

Comments

• Have you asked him what he wants to wear? My other is Scottish so am matching my colours in with his tartan.

It really depends on how formal you want the wedding to be as to what you decide on. He may feel really uncomfortable in a cravat, waistcoat and cummerbund especially if its likely to be warm.

Am sure you will be able to match a tie or cravat to the dresses or even a handkerchief in the pocket of his suit if it has one. If you're having buttonholes then you can co-ordinate the ribbons or flowers.

The last wedding I went to the bridesmaids were in sage, the flower girl and bride wore ivory and the grooms waistcoat and cravatte were gold which looked lovely.

I got a bit obsessed about everything matching at first but one of my friends took me to one side and had a quiet word so have now calmed down - lol. Have you asked someone who knows both of you what they think?
    Officially a non-smoker but still rounder than recommended :p
  • There are some suits on http://www.bhs.co.uk they are offering 20% off everything ends tonight!

Sorry for the short notice!
    If Tescos and Asda are lowering prices every day,
    how come nothing is free yet? :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills