Charge against my property

Options
2»

Comments

• jonesMUFCforever
    jonesMUFCforever Posts: 28,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Information is freely (or at least for a small charge!) from the Land Registry about who owns any registered property.
  • Nibzy_2
    Options
    Thanks jonesMUFCforever, yes that answers the property owner. I suppose my question is:- My wife got into difficulty with the original loan, went through the process of arranging agreed payments with the companies owed money and never failed payment, it is the existing company that bought the unsecured loan from the original lender who now have applied for a charge against the house i.e. make it a secured loan.
    When can a lender apply for a charging order?
    Before a court will consider an application for a charging order, the lender must have issued a county court judgement and you must have failed to make payments on that judgement or not paid the judgement according to the requirements of the court.
  • novelli
    novelli Posts: 646 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Can anyone explain the stat 8% interest, as i have a charge on a property, and they cant sell it without paying me off, this is likely to happen soon but my solicitor has not mentioned the interest?? as this is a charge that has been in place for over 20 years maybe i need to do some research???
    thanks
  • jonesMUFCforever
    jonesMUFCforever Posts: 28,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Nibzy wrote: »
    Thanks jonesMUFCforever, yes that answers the property owner. I suppose my question is:- My wife got into difficulty with the original loan, went through the process of arranging agreed payments with the companies owed money and never failed payment, it is the existing company that bought the unsecured loan from the original lender who now have applied for a charge against the house i.e. make it a secured loan.
    I'm not sure in this case.
    Copies of any charges lodged against your property can also be purchased from Land Registry which would explain more to you here.
  • exhale
    Options
    I have bought a property in Cyprus and now owe more than I borrowed.. I have a CHF mortgage and stopped making payments about 1 year ago as I just dont have the money. I am so worried as i do not know what to do, I am happy to cut my losses and they reposess the property, however I am worried about what can happen to my property here in UK, can they come after it and put charges on it.. I am trying to find out ways to avoid this happening, ie putting my UK property in someone elses name?? I am so confused and stressed. I have the Cyprus property on the market and no joy there at the moment, it is on for a price where i do not get any profit what so ever just enough to pay the debt, not sure if this will even happen.. Anyone in the same boat or advise??
  • playersno5
    Options
    I have a joint mortgage with my ex husband. He has recently decided to not pay the mortgage any longer and i dont live in this property. There are apparently 2 charges on the house that i was unaware of.....i suppose my question is this...the debts are his in sole name....if the house was sold, with a profit..would the debtors take my share of the profit from the sale? or just the profit my ex husband would get?....
  • LadyDee
    LadyDee Posts: 4,293 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The best advice given here is go to the CAB or your own Solicitor. Well meaning posters here do have a vast amount of knowledge and experience but everybody's position is slightly different and you should not rely on the advice given by somebody who isn't in possession of all the information on the individual's circumstances.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure