Jobs you have done but would never want to do again?

What are they?

I would say working in a call centre simple

Comments

• lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,640 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 16 May 2019 at 3:51PM
    Have you actually worked in a call centre and if so, for how long and why wouldn't you do it again?

I personally didn't enjoy being a lion tamer, thought accountancy was far less boring. But there you are, each to his own.

PS if anyone is considering being a lion tamer you can have my cap with Lion Tamer embroidered on it for free
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • marlot
    marlot Posts: 4,934 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    ...I personally didn't enjoy being a lion tamer, thought accountancy was far less boring....
    Your real name must be John Major!
  • lincroft1710
    I could be an Idle Eric!
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • The worst job I ever had was with Jayne Mansfield.
  • lincroft1710
    The worst job I ever had was with Jayne Mansfield.

I trust you weren't with her when that horrific fatal accident happened.
  • owen_money
    owen_money Posts: 764 Forumite
    The worst job I had was thinking up and writing inane questions for a public forum, however I believe the guy who took over from me loves it, he said its much better than working in a call centre, simple
    One man's folly is another man's wife. Helen Roland (1876 - 1950)
  • lozzy81
    lozzy81 Posts: 275 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I enjoyed the call center but would never do it again unless I was desperate as its quite soul destroying being spoken to like carp just for doing my job!
    Virtual sealed pot 2019 member #6 :j
    £0.00/£200 :)
  • MovingForwards
    MovingForwards Posts: 16,918 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    lozzy81 wrote: »
    I enjoyed the call center but would never do it again unless I was desperate as its quite soul destroying being spoken to like carp just for doing my job!

You fishing for sympathy......

(I will get my coat)
    Mortgage started 2020, aiming to clear it in 2026.
  • Temping in a building of 240 people. (I did wonder how everyone sat down in not exactly the biggest building)

Never felt so alone. Job title irrelevant. Let's say it was one up on the Call Centre.

There was no company talk or induction given you were put to work immediately which was just frightful for an Insurance institution when you are put in an area you've never touched upon, someone said something awkward within 5 minutes of being there. Fortunately. It was starting to bring back sad old memories anyhow and that freaked me out as it wasn't the very last employer I left that I missed, the training support was far better at the call centre of this type of organisation.

I was also paying slightly for the privilege of going to work - £1.50 a day in car parking on top of fuel costs. It made me quickly determine if I would like to carry on
    and it made me want to chase for wages and not let them off. They had a go, timesheet conveniently took a week longer to be authorised.

It's not really about jobs I wouldn't do again, for me, it's the people (immediate colleagues) and working environment. Plus I really appreciate no messing with wages.
  • Claddagh_Noir
    Claddagh_Noir Posts: 212 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Definitely working in a call centre. Especially when you have to talk and type and follow a script and your calls are measured by KPI's. This means you cannot be on the call too long otherwise it affects your average scores. You feel like a battery hen and it is very soul-destroying.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure