Forum Home» Public Transport & Cycling

Question about train changeovers

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

Question about train changeovers

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Public Transport & Cycling
3 replies 743 views
karljt2013karljt2013 Forumite
88 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Public Transport & Cycling
I want to buy a train ticket on Northern Trains that goes to Windermere but there is a changeover at Oxenholme.

The changeover is only about 5-8 minutes. If something goes wrong with the changeover can I simply wait for the next train from Oxenholme to Windermere and use my original ticket or do I have to buy a fresh ticket to complete the journey?

Replies

• HasbeenHasbeen Forumite
    2.5K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    karljt2013 wrote: »
    I want to buy a train ticket on Northern Trains that goes to Windermere but there is a changeover at Oxenholme.

The changeover is only about 5-8 minutes. If something goes wrong with the changeover can I simply wait for the next train from Oxenholme to Windermere and use my original ticket or do I have to buy a fresh ticket to complete the journey?

Original ticket is good.
  • jbuchanangbjbuchanangb Forumite
    487 posts
    Eighth Anniversary 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    Additionally, if the reason you miss the connection is the late arrival of the inbound train, then you may claim off the operator of that train (the inbound train) in line with their "Delay Repay" policy based on the total delay for completing your journey.
  • Thanks both for your answer.