Forum Home » Public Transport & Cycling

Aldi bicycle inner tubes - faulty valves?

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

Aldi bicycle inner tubes - faulty valves?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Public Transport & Cycling
11 replies 1.6K views
olip74olip74 Forumite
77 posts
Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Public Transport & Cycling
Hello money-savers!

I recently thought I'd treat my bike to some new inner tubes so I got some of these (AV/Presta, 26"):

https://www.aldi.co.uk/26-27-5-inch-auto-valve-bicycle-tube/p/097682261898800

However when I replaced them I could hear the valve of the front tyre hissing and it completely deflated. Assuming a faulty valve I took it out and returned it for a replacement straight away but when I returned the back tyre had gone soft. To my amazement, even the replacement did the same.

Has anyone else had the same experience? Could I be doing something wrong. I only inflated them to 35psi using a compressor that I also bought in Aldi (plugs into the 12V supply in a car), could I have damaged the valves this way?

Replies