Highly reccomend vista prinnt for invites.

http://www.vistaprint.co.uk I highly recommend this website to design your invited for the wedding. IF you sign up and register first it sends you an email for 50% off. To save even more money, i used the over sized postcards, 5.99 for 50 ( they dont do less than 50 in the postcard so for 5.99 you dont feel hard done by cos they are so cheap).

I put the your are invited too.... onthe front , with our names, avenue date etc and on the reverse in greyscale the RSV, and our wedding page website. So there is plenty of room to fit all your details, you just have to play around with it a little.
I also made save the date magnets, but using their small business magnets. so with envelopes, uploading an image of me and hubby to use on the save the dates, my grand total was £8 and some change. So impressed.

The quality is good, a friend of mine used them and hers were lovely, but there are so many different options, I am on a tight budget and not very creative so making them myself is not an option.

here is my invoice for a break down

126-001Oversized Postcards50£ 5.99924-001
Postcards - Printed Backside-INCLUDED957-001
Postcards - Glossy Finish-INCLUDED995-001
Oversized Postcard Envelopes - White50£ 1.49126-001Oversized Postcards50£ 5.99924-001
Postcards - Printed Backside-INCLUDED957-001
Postcards - Glossy Finish-INCLUDED995-001
Oversized Postcard Envelopes - White50£ 1.49179-001Custom Business Card Magnet50£ 9.99Uploaded Logos945-001Uploaded Logo1£ 1.74Subtotal:£ 26.69Shipping & Processing: £ 6.08VAT:£ 5.74Total:£ 38.51

Comments

• Hi,
    I have been looking at vistaprint for my invites as well.

I have already used their free (just pay p&p) business cards for my save the date cards. They arrived yesterday and are gorgeous - cost so far £3.62

I was looking on their site last night and postcards are currently free as well with just the p&p to pay. I am going to opt for the standard size so will be able to get 100 for under £4.

It looks like I will be able to get all my invites for under £12 - Bargain!!

I'm going to cut up the extra cards to make co-ordinating place cards and thank you cards.

I'm not on a particularly tight budget but object to spending cash when I don't need to. The word wedding in any enquiry seems to double the price of everything.
    Officially a non-smoker but still rounder than recommended :p
  • Hi,
    I have been looking at vistaprint for my invites as well.

I have already used their free (just pay p&p) business cards for my save the date cards. They arrived yesterday and are gorgeous - cost so far £3.62

I was looking on their site last night and postcards are currently free as well with just the p&p to pay. I am going to opt for the standard size so will be able to get 100 for under £4.

It looks like I will be able to get all my invites for under £12 - Bargain!!

I'm going to cut up the extra cards to make co-ordinating place cards and thank you cards.

I'm not on a particularly tight budget but object to spending cash when I don't need to. The word wedding in any enquiry seems to double the price of everything.

Good for you hun, i know what you mean with costs.

love this place because there are so many options you can play around with.
  • I was looking at options for about 3 hours last night and then played around with the layout and wording. Finally got to bed about 1am

Still thats another thing ticked off my list - just hope OH is happy! If not I am happy to hand the reins over and leave it all to him - lol
  • I was looking at options for about 3 hours last night and then played around with the layout and wording. Finally got to bed about 1am

Still thats another thing ticked off my list - just hope OH is happy! If not I am happy to hand the reins over and leave it all to him - lol

hahah , same here, went to bed all pleased with myself, i think my hubby is just happy to turn up on the day lol
  • We have both been married before so OH is determined to have some input this time!

Wish I could just turn up on the day! Being a bit of a control freak I wouldn't get any sleep for weeks worrying about what might go wrong - can still see myself doing that anyway!
  • Just my tuppenceworth - my best mate got all hers done free with a vistaprint offer and only paid £6 for postage I think - she's had the oversized postcards done with pictures of her and his grandparents' weddings and with the background the same colour as the bridesmaids dresses - they have come out beautiful with stuff on both sides - all glossy and lovely.

They've made a website with details of how to get there/accomodation etc on which saved more printing/paper/costs etc - seems to be working really well!
  • knithappens
    knithappens Posts: 1,850 Forumite
    Dusty_Moth wrote: »
    Just my tuppenceworth - my best mate got all hers done free with a vistaprint offer and only paid £6 for postage I think - she's had the oversized postcards done with pictures of her and his grandparents' weddings and with the background the same colour as the bridesmaids dresses - they have come out beautiful with stuff on both sides - all glossy and lovely.

They've made a website with details of how to get there/accomodation etc on which saved more printing/paper/costs etc - seems to be working really well!

yes seems some people get the free email and some dont. sadly i have not.

But yes the website is a good idea, i have o=done one too. ww,weddingpath.co.uk, i think that is the site, it is free, or just google weddingpath, i have added our web page address to the back of the invites, people can RSVP through the site too which is a good feature.
  • i always get free stuff from vista(only pay p&p)
    so far for my wedding
    i have
    50(save the date magnets)
    100 thank you cards
    10 brouchures(using as order of day cards)
    and for xmas
    40 xmas cards
    3 calanders
    100 gift tags
    if you want the free offers email me and i will send to you.
  • I think with the free stuff Kirsty (my mate) said you had to sign up to something on their site? Will try and find out for you if you'd like :)
  • Check your special offer email.
    I have saved some postcards to order as invites. Thought I had better check they were ok with OH before I ordered them. Checked portfolio page and there was going to be a charge.

After I had checked my email to see that my special offer hadn't expired I
    went back into my account from the link in the email and they were FREE.

Seems best to access their site from the offers you receive and not directly

I signed up on their home page for special offers and have had loads so far mostly free. Makes me wonder how they ever make any money!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport