Anyone else had Co-Op Visa Electron card issues in the last couple of days?

Options
I was just wondering if anyone else had had problems with thier co-op visa electron?

I was mortified when I went to pay for petrol the other day and it kept declining it (ended up having to phone my mum at 7am and get her to pay over the phone! She was very pleased!) even though there is money in the account.

I phoned Co-op and they said they were having some problems with some cards, but then took me through security, on which I failed every single question. I told the woman that I opened the account on my bankruptcy date and told her that date and she said no that was incorrect too!?

Anyway, the result is now that everything is blocked and I must go into my nearest branch 70 miles away to confirm my identity.

I think the system must have gone a bit crazy, I can't imagine someone wanting to steal my identity now??

Just wondered if anyone else had had similar problems!

Thanks
Bankrupt at 11.47 on 22/08/2007
New debt free life begun 11.48 on 22/08/07 :j

Comments

• dappanumber1
    Options
    yes i had same thing in asda thursday night and at their petrol station friday morning! had to leave my car on forecourt and walk to a cashpoint!
    i rang them and they said they are having problems with point of sale at moment and everyones been kicking off with them! best to get cash out for the next few days i think!
  • madoldbat
    Options
    Hi Whoops. I had probs Thursday night.
    Checked cash point out side Tesco = balance healthy :j did not draw cash.
    Went in did small shop 13.00 card refused 4 times.:eek: OH paid cash.
    Went & checked cash point again = still healthy balance:confused:
    Assumed Tessco system gone loopy.
    Chatting on line freind said he had probs as well:confused:
    When I did get through to Coop informed cip & pin / point of sale at fault,but cash points ok.Not entirely sure when everything will be back to normal.:mad:
    Girl said even had people ringing from resturaunts attempting to pay the bill.
    Some of the best lessons we ever learn,we learn from our mistakes and failures.the error of the past is the success and wisdom of the future.:wave: :beer::j
  • whoopsydaisy
    Options
    I feel better that there probably IS money in my account!! I'm going to complain to Co-Op on monday. I wish i'd never rung them now, I seem to have made it worse for myself!

I feel like i've gone back in time 3 months, borrowing money off of people again!!

Thank-you for the reassurance.
    Bankrupt at 11.47 on 22/08/2007
    New debt free life begun 11.48 on 22/08/07 :j
  • Richard_S
    Richard_S Posts: 4,432 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Whoopsy,

I'm eligible to join the declined Electron Card Club.:D :D

Mine was declined Thurs & Fri and a Smile card too; strange thing was though, my O.H could use hers without any trouble.:confused::confused:
  • Bakeybadoo
    Options
    Yes!

We were always having trouble, getting our card declined and it happened in Somerfields on Wednesday. Called and was told they had trouble with their Chip & Pin system.

We said it's funny how OUR cards always seem to have problems when they have C&P problems but the lady was just really snotty and said she couldn't offer more than an apology.

Oh and also, hubby had problems with the security questions when he called too. Wouldn't recognise them AND the same day, it wouldn't recognise my PIN number at the cashpoint.

Go figure. I hate Co-Op with a passion. They have put us in a 3 month 'time-out' for having 2 Direct Debits bounce ages back so we're sticking with Barclays unless we need to pay for something via Electron.
    :: BCSC #71 but now discharged! ::
  • Peter_Pan
    Options
    Not sure if this is connected but OH received his new Co- op account details on Wednesday or Thursday last week and phoned up to register for online and internet banking, sorted out the 5 security questions and answers.
    Later that day he went to log in online and it refused his security answers and locked him out.
    He phoned up and none of his answers matched the answers to the questions he had given earlier in the day - the system must have totally messed up, they did apologise and he had to go through setting the answers again their end.
    We love what we are doing and we love why we're doing it!!
  • NekoZombie
    NekoZombie Posts: 1,664 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yes, mine was declined too! I nearly wet my pants in horror. :eek::eek::eek:
    BCSC Member 70:j
  • magicgirl
    Options
    i am panicing now!!
    I started a new job today and rang co-op yesterday who (after a few tries) gave me my details to give to work so i can get my pay. luckily, the nearest is only two miles away. however, I am worried now incase my details are messed up along with my card and i still get no money... I only started back today but only have a post office account. if money was paid into my old lloyds account, i will not be able to access it (I think. not officially been told account is closed..)
    Proud to be Member of BSC #92
    Hoping to get debt free again :wall:
    :heart2: working hard to make my daughters proud :heart2:
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    The BACS system for receiving wages should still be OK I think. BACS is a fundamental part of the whole banking system.

Looks like it's just Co-op's account authorisation systems that are going haywire for some people.

Double check with Co-op, but I think it will be fine.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • Richard_S
    Richard_S Posts: 4,432 Forumite
    Options
    magicgirl wrote: »
    i am panicing now!!
    I started a new job today and rang co-op yesterday who (after a few tries) gave me my details to give to work so i can get my pay. luckily, the nearest is only two miles away. however, I am worried now incase my details are messed up along with my card and i still get no money... I only started back today but only have a post office account. if money was paid into my old lloyds account, i will not be able to access it (I think. not officially been told account is closed..)

Hi magicgirl,

I had problems with mine Thurs & Fri last week, but no problems withdrawing cash. I used it about an hour ago for petrol at the same place it was declined last week and it went through no problem; if anything it was faster than it usually is.

It might be worth checking with your payroll dept to make sure they've input yr new bank details. I had my salary paid into an account that was included in our bankruptcy and you do get the money back eventually, but it's hassle that you can do without.

Regards

Richard
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family