CCA Request letter Advice

Options
Hi there
i would really like some advice regarding replies I have had (or lack of in some instances) to our request of CCA. I used a sample letter from these forums, and sent on 20th Feb 2019.

So far I have received the following

PRA Group - Barclay card - one letter stating please bear with us we are trying to locate

Virgin Credit Card - 1 letter stating they could not use the cheque as it was not addressed to them, subsequently set a few letters asking for a plan to be set up, but now told my husband they have sold the debt on

Santander Credit Card - No contact

Westcot - Natwest Card - 2 letter asking us to bear with them

Westcot - Santander Overdraft - husbands name - 1 letter sent asking us to bear with them why they locate

Moorcroft - Barclay Card - No contact

Wescot - Santander over draft - my name - letter saying debt is unenforceable

Westcot - Halifax Card - letter sending 3 page document that they believe is the CCA, I think this is just a photocopy of some terms and conditions (Is this the agreement???)

So how should I pursue all of this, those that I have had no contact with should i send a reminder?
Should I send a full and final token settlement figure to the non enforceable debt, and an subsequent ones?

My Husband would like to send a full and final settlement letter to all of the above and try to get it sorted ASAP, or should we wait, all apart from Virgin and Santander credit cards are on hold at the moment
thank in advance for any help

Comments

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,888 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi,

You have made an official request for information about your agreement to all of your creditors.

Do not complicate the issue further until full responses have been given by all of them.
    If the accounts are currently held by new owners, or been managed, as in the case of wescot, by a debt collection agency, they must go back to the original creditor, who will then search there files in order to try to locate your agreement, if an agreement does not exist, but sufficiant information to reconstitute one does, then that is acceptable.

All accounts remain unenforcable until full responses are received.

Expect the process to take some months, can even be years in some cases, feel free to send a reminder after 3/6 months have passed.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Babbamushka79
    Options
    Thank you that makes sense
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills