Forum Home» Music MoneySaving

Music download where from?

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Music download where from?

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Music MoneySaving
21 replies 11.4K views
GT60GT60 Forumite
2.1K posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
✭✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Music MoneySaving
Hi
I am looking to download some albums like The Beat etc and save them on to CD's or memory sticks.
Where would be the best place to purchase and download or is there somewhere free

Thanks
Spending my time reading how to fix PC's,instead of looking at Facebook.

Replies

• edited 28 April 2019 at 8:18PM
    DCFC79DCFC79 Forumite
    39.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 28 April 2019 at 8:18PM
    GT60 wrote: »
    Hi
    I am looking to download some albums like The Beat etc and save them on to CD's or memory sticks.
    Where would be the best place to purchase and download or is there somewhere free

Thanks

2 options

Amazon
    ITunes

Depends where you can get the album from as it could limit your choice.
  • jenniewbjenniewb Forumite
    12.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be careful with itunes: in the past I had well over 1000 itunes, but every now and then, itunes updates and the versions of some itunes don't carry on with the new upgrade or the license changes and I lose tunes. I've got about 60% of what I had before, luckily I've uploaded to a back up device but I do not think I should have to do this by default. No other player acts like this IME.
  • BookowlBookowl Forumite
    84 posts
    10 Posts Second Anniversary
    hi
    does anyone have tips on how to download cheap music? I got rid of my Amazon music subscription.
  • K80_BlackK80_Black Forumite
    467 posts
    ✭✭
    Depends on the music you want. If it's pop stuff, you're pretty much stuck with amazon and iTunes for mp3s. For other genres, smaller artists often have albums for free or dirt cheap on bandcamp.

For alternative steaming platforms, If you don't mind adverts and limited capability to pick songs, Spotify free version could work for you. I personally use YouTube with an adblocker for most music - there's loads uploaded there now perfectly legitimatly, usually under 'artist name' - topic.
  • Really torn between Amazon, Spotify, iTunes, what does everyone use?
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • sarah1972sarah1972 Forumite, Board Guide
    16.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joshboast wrote: »
    Really torn between Amazon, Spotify, iTunes, what does everyone use?

I dont buy songs, I have Amazon music and it covers absolutely everything I need and is included in my prime membership.
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards & Competitions
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to [email protected] (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
  • ukguy2kukguy2k Forumite
    23 posts
    Fourth Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    I have membership with mp3million. It has lasted me for some years now, from one lowest deposit. I think was $15 or $20. Although, I got mp3's from them occasionally.
  • dlusmandlusman Forumite
    2.7K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    ukguy2k wrote: »
    mp3million.

If you are happy to give you money to ( very ) grey eastern european criminals who dont pay artists ( Do you really think they operate legally but still charge less than 10% of other sites ? )
  • DCFC79DCFC79 Forumite
    39.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joshboast wrote: »
    Really torn between Amazon, Spotify, iTunes, what does everyone use?

Why you torn ?

Just choose 1 or 2, can add Google Music to the list too.
  • flashg67flashg67 Forumite
    3.2K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    For older / popular stuff, I often find it cheaper to buy a used CD from ebay, poundland etc then rip it and stick it in the loft....