Options
1234568»

Comments

• coachman12
    coachman12 Posts: 1,069 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    ryanbest wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I'm new here. Thanks for your post.
    This adds nothing to the debate going on here----it is just a way of adding to your posting figures.
    If you have no views on a topic, DON'T POST. Members here do not appreciate it. Thank you.
    And good luck with valid posts as you begin on the Forum, as I myself did just a few months ago.
  • Undervalued
    Undervalued Posts: 8,865 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    coachman12 wrote: »
    I hope for more discussion to try and find a radical way in which the failing NHS can be revived for the majority of the population by making the use of private health insurance by people who can afford it mandatory. Thx all.

The NHS is, in theory at least, available to all UK citizens regardless of their means and based solely on their medical needs. I really don't see how you can make it unavailable to the better off (however you define them) and insist that they pay for a separate system over and above their current taxation.
  • pickledonionspaceraider
    Options
    coachman12 wrote: »
    This adds nothing to the debate going on here----it is just a way of adding to your posting figures.
    If you have no views on a topic, DON'T POST. Members here do not appreciate it. Thank you.
    And good luck with valid posts as you begin on the Forum, as I myself did just a few months ago.

You don't speak for all members

Many people would have scrolled right by.....
    With love, POSR <3
  • coachman12
    Options
    You don't speak for all members

Many people would have scrolled right by.....

Sorry , but I could NOT scroll by. My comments on the misuse of the thread and Forum are perfectly valid and I think it right and proper to try and stop posters who demean the MSE Forums by just posting "Thank You" , with no comment, on every new thread across the site, just to inflate their posting figures.
    The "poster" in question has also probably ruined the conversations that some of us were having about the important topic of NHS/ Private Health Insurance. The thread is now likely to just fizzle out
    all because of a silly time-waster. We have a duty to stand up for what these MSE forums are meant for and the standards that Martin set when he started off the whole process.
  • happyandcontented
    Options
    Some new users like to read the forum but don't have the confidence to post their own opinion. They may wish to bookmark the thread so that they can return to it. They are entitled to do that without being taken to task about it. Scroll on if you cannot be nice to new posters as per the advice given by the forum founder.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,713 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Some new users like to read the forum but don't have the confidence to post their own opinion. They may wish to bookmark the thread so that they can return to it. They are entitled to do that without being taken to task about it. Scroll on if you cannot be nice to new posters as per the advice given by the forum founder.

Just to point out that you can subscribe to a thread without posting on it using the 'thread tools' function. I sometimes do it if I've read a thread and would be interested in the replies but don't want to post.
    But of course I wouldn't expect a new user to know that. :)
  • coachman12
    Options
    OK OK
    I give in to the posts of rebuke. I must just be a grumpy old fart. Sorry.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure