energy saving grants, who's entitled???

Options
Hi!
My sister has recently had a baby, and moved into her own house yesterday, she has asked me to check up on energy saving grants for her, the house needs a lot of work doing to it, damp proofing, new windows, major insulation in general. her baby is still in hospital and was born prematurely. so i though that maybe she could get some sort of contribution towards the insulation part.
I have checked the stay warm website, but it says if your over 60 etc, or have a child under the age of 16 AND receiving any benefits, problem is she isnt, she earns more than the criteria of £15000 and gets the basic child tax credits, as all mothers do.
I remember when i had my son I had cavity wall insulation put in, that was free- someone knocked on the door and asked me!!!! and i earned over the criteria again(as long as i had children they said)!!
Does anyone have any idea how i would go about sorting this out????

thankyou!
Mummy to 2 gorgeous boys
Edward 4 on xmas day and baby Benjamin born 28/12/09 weighing a whopping 9lb14oz!!

Comments

• Poppycat
    Poppycat Posts: 19,913 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Does she get any council tax as even if your above the limit if you qualify for council tax even if its a few quid you can claim. I no this works because we got a grant we got turned down for with two kids, ctc and wft as we were slightly over the limit but because we later got CT we qualified.

Good luck

http://www.warmfront.co.uk/do-i-qualify.htm

Applicants meeting the following criteria may be eligible for a Warm Front Grant.
    1. Householders aged 60 or over in receipt of one or more of the following benefits:
    • Income Support
    • Council Tax Benefit
    • Housing Benefit
    • Job Seekers Allowance (income-based)
    • Pension Credit
    2. Householders with a child under 16, or pregnant women with maternity certificate MAT-B1, in receipt of one or more of the following benefits:
    • Income Support
    • Council Tax Benefit
    • Housing Benefit
    • Job Seekers Allowance (income-based)
    • Pension Credit
    3. Householders in receipt of one or more of the following benefits:
    • Working Tax Credit (with an income of less than £15,460, which must include a disability element)
    • Disability Living Allowance
    • Child Tax Credit (with an income of less than £15,460)
    • Housing Benefit (which must include a disability premium)
    • Income Support (which must include a disability premium)
    • Council Tax Benefit (which must include a disability premium)
    • War Disablement Pension (which must include a mobility supplement or Constant Attendance Allowance)
    • Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit (which must include a mobility supplement or Constant Attendance Allowance)
    • Attendance Allowance
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport