A MoneySavingIdiot claims for a train delay

Options
My name is MSE Kelvin (spoiler: not what my folks named me) and I'm an idiot with money. I've no excuse - after all, I write for the UK's biggest consumer website. But sadly, while I play a part in helping people save every day using MoneySavingExpert, my personal relationship with cash is a mix of fleeting highs and lingering regret.

Read the full blog: A MoneySavingIdiot claims for a train delay

Comments

• Mobeer
    Mobeer Posts: 1,851 Forumite
    Academoney Grad First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Why didn't you take a picture using another phone\camera of your phone displaying the ticket?
  • MSE_Kelvin
    MSE_Kelvin Posts: 345 MSE Staff
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Sadly wasn't that well equipped Mobeer - will try to up my game for my next long-ish journey ;)
  • miller
    miller Posts: 1,630 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    ...and as from Monday 1st April, Great Western Railway (GWR) joins the delay repay scheme!
  • miller
    miller Posts: 1,630 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    worth also pointing out that South Western Railway (SWR) have been having problems with their new delay repay portal (people on twitter have reported problems resetting their password to migrate to the new system).
  • scooter_
    scooter_ Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The message is definitely just keep plugging away. Had problems with Trans Pennine going to Newcastle, and had to submit claim a couple of times
    No acknowledgement or explanation but I noticed they had paid 25% of fare into my account. As it was over an hour late I emailed saying I had expected more and they paid a further 25%, but by cheque !
    Never got an an explanation or apology for the delay
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport