🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Fee to transfer DB pension to SIPP

Options
13»

Comments

• mgdavid
    mgdavid Posts: 6,706 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    stocklord wrote: »
    I would be interested to know what information I have provided that implies I have little investment experience?........

This might fit the bill:

"can anyone recommend a decent investment spreadsheet to monitor a portfolio?"
    The questions that get the best answers are the questions that give most detail....
  • tigerspill
    tigerspill Posts: 776 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I know what a Sipp is, and I know what is permitted within it. I just wondered if anyone can recommend some portfolio management software, or even a spreadsheet template. That's it, very simple. I haven't at any point asked anybody's opinion on whether I should be transferring or how secure my investment choices are.
    I am surprised by the judgemental nature of some of the responses, is this normal for this forum?

They are not being judgemental. Maybe some frustration as you are not giving them the background answers they have asked for in order to help you. Some on here (in this thread) are immensely experienced and offer much help on here for free.
    You are asking about a very high risk scenario that in most cases is the wrong decision. Legislation supports this.
    So if you answer their questions maybe you will get some of the answers you are looking for.
    Maybe read some of the thousands of helpful posts some of these guys have written to understand the help they can provide.
    I for one am hugely gratefully for all their help over the years and i am much better off for that.
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Do you know anything about my investment background?

No different to the music industry. There are many musicians gigging every night of the week. Few make it to the top of the pile and enjoy sustained success. Some investors enjoy a stroke of good fortune (one hit wonder) and believe that they've skills others don't enjoy. Leading to complacency.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport