Drydenfairfax solicitors

Options
2»

Comments

• TripleH
    TripleH Posts: 3,018 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    "Payment received" and "payment reversal" sound suspect.
    Either it is a made-up transaction to justify why (in their eyes) the debt is not statute barred (having no real impact on the amount owing on the account), or it is a misposting error that their system is flagging as showing the accountbis still active.

I can't think why someone would make a payment towards a debt and then ask for it to be refunded? Yes the payment could bounce but if you're in that position why make any paymentvat all.
    May you find your sister soon Helli.
    Sleep well.
  • Black2406
    Options
    **update**
    They have finally come back and basically said that they cannot uphold the complaint as they don’t believe they have been harassing.
    They have also said that the debt is not statue barred because of the “payment” made in Oct 2014 but as I said before it isn’t a payment it is money being moved, arrow confirmed to my OH on the phone that no payment had ever been made on the account. They have also referenced that they provided an agreement but as said before it’s not a signed agreement OH name has been typed and the address is slightly wrong.
    What should I do next?
    As always thank you for your advice it’s really appreciated.
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,924 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    They say one thing, you say another, it makes no sense playing letter tennis with them, you have both stated your position, should they start a claim, you would defend it on the basis that it’s not your debt.

You could write back re-iterating your position, and state any court claim will be vigorously defended.

Does the debt appear on his credit file ?

If so, that’s a separate complaint that should be winging its way to Arrow, and the ICO if not resolved.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Black2406
    Options
    Yes that’s what I thought this is just going back and forth!
    I think I will send a letter just reiterating our points all in one form, I’ve just checked his credit file and the debt is there I’m getting all flustered with it now do I have to log with equifax that it shouldn’t be there. Sorry but I’m a bit clueless with all this.
    Thank you
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,924 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Black2406 wrote: »
    Yes that’s what I thought this is just going back and forth!
    I think I will send a letter just reiterating our points all in one form, I’ve just checked his credit file and the debt is there I’m getting all flustered with it now do I have to log with equifax that it shouldn’t be there. Sorry but I’m a bit clueless with all this.
    Thank you

Written complaint to whoever lodged the default, the entry should not be there as it’s not his debt.
    Escalate to the ICO if they refuse.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure