Mortgage offer yest but questions...

Good afternoon

Yesterday we were told that we have finally had our mortgage application signed off. They are going to send the offer out but I have two questions

1. Do you receive the offer by post or email and how long do they take to send

2. There are no hard searches from our mortgage company only a soft search from 4th Jan when we got our DIP and yest both saying credit quotation
I was expecting a hard search now. Is that normal?

Many thanks

Annie

Replies

• kingstreetkingstreet Forumite
    37.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    1. Dunno. Varies from lender to lender.

2. Checked all three versions of your credit file?
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • Normally the offer is a letter to your solicitor which is forwarded bro you. I say normally very loosely.

Otherwise it will be a letter that you will need to wet sign
  • kingstreetkingstreet Forumite
    37.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    When our client's offer is issued, we send them (and their solicitor, estate agent/builder) an email which reads;-
    Just a quick note to confirm the issue of your Halifax mortgage offer today.

The offer will be mailed out to you and your solicitor, taking a few days to arrive. Please check it on arrival and if you have any queries, please don’t hesitate to get in touch. From this point, your solicitor will be handling the legal aspects of the purchase to enable you to exchange contracts as soon as possible.

Expiry date 31/12/2019

or...
    Just a quick note to confirm the issue of your NatWest mortgage offer today.

The offer will be emailed to you and your solicitor can collect it from the LMS Portal. Please check it on arrival and if you have any queries, please don’t hesitate to get in touch. From this point, your solicitor will be handling the legal aspects of the purchase to enable you to exchange contracts as soon as possible.

Expiry date 27/08/2019.

Do other brokers not actually bother telling their clients what is going to happen and/or when...?
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • kingstreet wrote: »
    1. Dunno. Varies from lender to lender. We're with Kent Reliance

2. Checked all three versions of your credit file?

Yes I've checked them! Was expecting a hard search but just 2 soft searches and the latest one was yest when we were told mortgage had been signed off
  • kingstreet wrote: »
    When our client's offer is issued, we send them (and their solicitor, estate agent/builder) an email which reads;-

or...

Do other brokers not actually bother telling their clients what is going to happen and/or when...?

Our lender is Kent Reliance. MA had chased them yesterday and they said it's been signed off and to expect offer Friday or Monday and that both myself and our solicitor will receive the offer. Just heard someone got theirs by email but I just presumed it was by post so thought I would ask!
  • Normally the offer is a letter to your solicitor which is forwarded bro you. I say normally very loosely.

Otherwise it will be a letter that you will need to wet sign

Ok thank you il keep an eye out on my post!
  • LRmortgageLRmortgage Forumite
    484 Posts
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I did one for a client with KR in the last couple of weeks, the offer was emailed to me (the broker) and hard copy posted to client and Solicitor a couple of days later.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • LRmortgage wrote: »
    I did one for a client with KR in the last couple of weeks, the offer was emailed to me (the broker) and hard copy posted to client and Solicitor a couple of days later.

Oh thank you!!! Can I ask how soon you were emailed the offer?
    Basically yesterday MA rang the underwriter for update and she said it's been signed off but hadn't been updated on the online portal yet but they were writing up the offer and we would receive it by froday or Monday.
    KR took 3 weeks from being being instructed valuation (valuation was done the following day) and they have been so so slow and was well over the days they gave. Now I'm wondering if they'll take longer to send offer. I still won't believe we have the mortgage until I see it witb my own eyes!
  • LRmortgageLRmortgage Forumite
    484 Posts
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I was emailed the offer the same day that I was told all approved, however my case had already been approved but there was a delay due to the Client’s Solicitor changing name in between us submitting the application and case being approved.

I would imagine that your broker will get the offer within a couple of days if you haven’t had it yet.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • edited 1 March 2019 at 11:00PM
    AnxiousannieAnxiousannie Forumite
    62 Posts
    edited 1 March 2019 at 11:00PM
    Oh we changed our solicitor inbetween application but MA saod it's all updated
    I just want to see it in writing. This has been going on since Jan 4th so you can imagine while I'm abit in disbelief until I see it with my own eyes!

MA hasn't mentioned he's got offer on email only over the phone

Many thanks

Annie
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Boost your Nectar points

Get up to £25 this Saturday

MSE News

Preparing for summer

What MoneySaving things can you do now to get ready?

MSE Forum

Hot Diamonds 40% off code

Including already-reduced outlet stock

MSE Deals