Help to buy affordability

A quick question here.

The friend of mine got a decision in principle accepted for a mortgage which would go together with a help to buy loan.

Bu the help to buy online calculator is saying that the help to buy loan is not available.

Does it now definitely means he can not get a help to buy loan and therefore buy the property?

The lenders DIP is fully aware that it is a Help To Buy application

Replies

• Yes, the help to buy part is completely separate to the 75% mortgage.

Your friend would have to apply for an authority to proceed with HTB - at this point they will do the same calculator and fail it on the same terms.

Without an authority to proceed, you will not be able to apply for the 75% mortgage.

HTB will not care that a DIP has already been given and the lender will not be able to take the application further without authority to proceed, so unfortunately its definitely a no
  • kingstreetkingstreet Forumite
    37.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    You do both calculators and work to the output of the lowest.

Sometimes the HTB calculator is the determining factor, sometimes the lender's.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Check your Clubcard vouchers

Use our trick to extend them

MSE News

Preparing for summer

What MoneySaving things can you do now to get ready?

MSE Forum

Hot Diamonds 40% off code

Including already-reduced outlet stock

MSE Deals