We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Is this normal?
FTB19
Posts: 16 Forumite
Hi guys
The new build property we are buying got valued 21/02 (Thursday)
I spoke to my mortgage advisor today and he said it is with the underwriters now and should hear shortly. Is it normal for it to be with the underwriters? I’m a bit worried now.
The new build property we are buying got valued 21/02 (Thursday)
I spoke to my mortgage advisor today and he said it is with the underwriters now and should hear shortly. Is it normal for it to be with the underwriters? I’m a bit worried now.
0
Comments
-
Yes it's perfectly normal ! . They decide if you get a mortage !0
-
Thank you! I always think of underwriters being involved if there’s something wrong. I assume they do a credit and affordability check before the valuation and the underwriters just check all in order?0
-
Pretty much thats it, if it gets through automated checks, it then goes to an actual person for final adjudication, so you are looking good so far <consider this a fingers crossed emoticon >Thank you! I always think of underwriters being involved if there’s something wrong. I assume they do a credit and affordability check before the valuation and the underwriters just check all in order?0 -
I believe underwriters are the people that actually take the 'risk' on your mortgage. I.E. if you don't pay it's them that gets stung.0
-
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
