PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Rotary airer or washing line?

Options
2»

Comments

• -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,508 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I'd prefer a line but CBA with digging holes and putting in posts, and now we have a rotary line. I'm quite surpised at the amount of washing I can get on there [2 loads easily], and honestly, because I'm quite happy to leave the stuff on there all day, and because it's in a natural wind tunnel type area in the garden, I'm not bothered by drying times.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • daisy_1571
    daisy_1571 Posts: 1,209 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If your hooks are solid enough you can tie two ropes to the same hooks then use your clothes props to push the lines away from each other (into a shallow diamond shape) and voila twice the space for hanging clothes.

We had metal clothes poles when we moved into this house and we added a third so I can have ropes zigzagging about the garden catching the sun and breeze. I have found its getting harder to find cotton/woven ropes these days. I prefer not to have the nylon type as I find them too thin and the clothes slide about on them. I leave my ropes up all the time. They would probably last longer if I took them in in the winter.

Daisy xx
    2022: 3🏅 4⭐ 2023: 5🎖🏅🏅 🎖🏅6 ⭐⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ Never save something for a special occasion. Every day in your life is a special occasion. Take hold of every moment - anon I'm a clutterbug butterfly 🦋 The difference between what you were yesterday and what you will be tomorrow is what you do today Well organised clutter is still clutter - Joshua Becker If you aren't already using something in your home, you won't start using it more by shoving it in a cupboard- AJMoney
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure