Tesco Hudl DO NOT factory reset.

Options
WARNING ....do NOT Factory Reset your Tesco Hudl as it will not connect to wi-fi to allow a new setup. Tesco techies know this and....
'We have now identified the problem and we’re currently attempting to fix the complex issue. I can’t give you an exact timescale just now, but I will be back in touch with a further update sometime next week."
Lewis Gorrie
Customer Service Executive to the Board'

15th Feb 2019

Comments

• psychic_teabag
    Options
    is this the first or second generation hudl ?
  • Robisere
    Robisere Posts: 3,237 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have rebuilt and reset both Hudl1 and Hudl2, never had a problem reconnecting to WiFi. Admittedly, the last reset/rebuild was over a year ago, but I have disassembled both types of Hudl and replaced components such as charging ports and PCB's. I even built one good Hudl2 from 3 different tablets, all with separate problems.

When "Lewis Gorrie, Customer Service Executive to the Board " gets back to you, I would appreciate it if you could post his conclusions and solutions?
    I think this job really needs
    a much bigger hammer.
  • apnorf
    apnorf Posts: 20 Forumite
    Options
    As far as I know this is a recent occurrence where the "update server" has been "switched off" and affects all Hudls. I factory reset mine last week and it will not (as yet) connect to wifi to enable a new set up. I will post any progress when/if it happens. The forum is here :

https://www.modaco.com/forums/topic/382204-hudl-2-connects-to-wifi-but-tesco-update-server-not-switched-on/?page=2
  • Robisere
    Options
    Was planning to take my Hudl2 on holiday in August. Have not used it since setting it up last summer, as I have a Lenovo tablet that I use instead. I have decided to check out my Hudl later: if it works, I won't fix it!
    a much bigger hammer.
  • Robisere
    Options
    When I bought my first Hudl2, I downloaded as much information as I could find and saved it to the computer. I have:

*A 6 page document in Open Office (can save in Microsoft Word) with everything I could find in the way of Help, including how to update to Lollipop 5.1. This has been invaluable.

* A PDF of the original Tesco Hudl User Guide.

*A one-page document of Hudl Specifications, also in Open Office, can save in Word 97.

If there is a way to make these available to anyone here, I would be happy to do that.
    a much bigger hammer.
  • Bonzo_Moon
    Options
    I just bought a s/h Hudl 2 which the owner had factory reset. It connected to my Wi-Fi no problems, set up my Google a/c, went to Google play and installed a few apk's but then with some flying navigation apps a warning airfares on screen, update play services for this app to work. I did. But then you get a pop up that you can't remove that says Google.process.gapps has stopped working. I factory reset again four times, and just haven't installed the apps that require updated Google play services. Turned off auto update apps and for the moment it's working, but for how long. But on a word, do not factory reset a Hudl 2.
  • Bonzo_Moon
    Options
    I just bought a s/h Hudl 2 which the owner had factory reset. It connected to my Wi-Fi no problems, set up my Google a/c, went to Google play and installed a few apk's but then with some flying navigation apps a warning airfares on screen, update play services for this app to work. I did. But then you get a pop up that you can't remove that says Google.process.gapps has stopped working. I factory reset again four times, and just haven't installed the apps that require updated Google play services. Turned off auto update apps and for the moment it's working, but for how long. But in a word, do not factory reset a Hudl 2.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Bonzo_Moon wrote: »
    I just bought a s/h Hudl 2 which the owner had factory reset. It connected to my Wi-Fi no problems, set up my Google a/c, went to Google play and installed a few apk's but then with some flying navigation apps a warning airfares on screen, update play services for this app to work. I did. But then you get a pop up that you can't remove that says Google.process.gapps has stopped working. I factory reset again four times, and just haven't installed the apps that require updated Google play services. Turned off auto update apps and for the moment it's working, but for how long. But in a word, do not factory reset a Hudl 2.

Thanks for the double warning.
  • aardvaak
    aardvaak Posts: 5,833 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Is this just a way to get people to buy another device?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback