🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Quitting smoking

Options
2»

Comments

• Zellah
    Zellah Posts: 303 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    +1 for buying Allen Carr's Easy Way To Stop Smoking book. Read this many years ago and it was the best thing I ever did. He actually encourages the reader to smoke whilst reading the book! 
  • JamoLew
    JamoLew Posts: 1,800 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 11 October 2020 at 8:47AM
    Options
    Imo - there's no right way or wrong way, just the way that works for the individual.
    What works for 1 person, wont necessarily work for another
    This can take some trial and error to find however
    One thing that really got my goat (and still does) is none smokers trying to tell smokers how to quit

• Kseniya
    Kseniya Posts: 107 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Allen Carr wrote a book on how to quit smoking, it helped some of my friends (in fact), but not everyone and not only a book but a desire, you can try! :)
     Cigarettes, vape, hookah are only substitutes for each other, this doesn't solve the problem of "health"

• Raymond5432
    Options
    I'd suggest you to do cold turkey and find the possible solutions of with drawls you face. You've to work hard to develop new neural pathways that should be healthy and beneficial for your life.
  • Bodyguard22
    Options
    Ok so its not easy and its about addiction replacement more than anything for some people including me. Slow steady progress rather than cold turkey is the way it seems for the majority, in my case " Vaping" was the answer tried for months with different vaping kits different liquids but ended up coughing my lungs up and it wasn't pleasurable in any way until.... I spoke to a pro vaper who explained the vast difference in coils and liquids basically its a mine field and getting it right is the key. It turns out not everyone inhales when vaping which was important to me known as DTL ( direct to lung) and MTL ( mouth to lung) vaping, direct speaks for itself and mouth to lung holding the vapour in your mouth for a while before inhaling. So what did I want? Well the nearest to a cigarette because thats what I'm used too. The Answer is the "Caliburn G" coil size not too big that you will choke on vapour and then to the vape liquid, the key was not choosing a liquid that had nicotine in it but buying one without nicotine and adding my own as anything with nicotine already in it made me cough. I chose "wilder west 50/50" bubblegum is a great starter choice and added 4 drops of nic salt drops (basically nicotine drops the salt makes it work faster) to the vaping pod and then filled it with wilder west liquid... Instant vaper!! I could smoke it no problem direct to lung no harshness and all of a sudden no need for cigarettes!!  Although I would advised to keep a pack handy if you get cravings one in the morning one at night to start then slowly take one away to where I am now no cigarettes.. Hope that helps
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure