Rolling the debt away.

Options
2»

Comments

• MatyMoo
    MatyMoo Posts: 3,171 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    At a rough count I think you have £300 a month spare, do you know where this goes?
    :j Proud Member of Mike's Mob :j
  • Rollingwithitmama
    Options
    So I have went back to the SOA and just manually added what the bottom summary section said.
    So says £157 leftover. This can either disappear if oldest has a trip with brownies that we have to pay for or has gone towards trying to get the house redecorated (when we house exchanged it is a doer upper). We also get asked for a borrow a lot from partners sisters which frustrates me beyond belief at times.
    Like Xmas 17 we basically spent more on one of his sisters one kid cause she asked for a borrow to pay us back.....of course she hasn’t....than we did on all of our kids combined. I think you would be lucky if we spent that year £100 on both our kids but we got her out our catalogue a bike then also £200.
    I think before a lot of it has been we really haven’t had that spare really till now as in job changed in August to this higher paid job. Along with weekly pays means sometimes we can either not get full amounts as say extra rent week out of just normal 4 week pay can end up numbers maybe not quite exact as we never have a set amount every month.
    The 365 day penny challenge £0.0/£667.95

Debt Free Diary - Rolling the Debt Away

PAYDBX 2019 - Pd £3,917.5 / £9,000 - 0.0%
  • Rollingwithitmama
    Options
    Quick update from me before I head into work. Well Monday night I hit a tree while driving to visit my friend as I tried to avoid a deer that ran in front of me.

Thankfully no major injuries but my body aches neck is really stiff and sore and moving is painful. Nothing broken though which so grateful for. Genuinely need help dressing in the morning and lifting my smal ones is certainly a no go.

So now I’ve no car at the moment and waiting to see what is going to happen with everything so my focus has been a bit distracted at the moment from my original goals here.

• Rollingwithitmama
    Options
    So the start of the month brings me news my car is a write off 🙈

The car has been valued from the insurance company and is worth more than what my settlement is for it.
    So I will soon be clear of that but need to get a new car.
    Thankfully my MIL has a mechanic friend who sells cars he does up and would allow me with a down payment pay him monthly like how she has before.
    So we have said can pay £150 a month back to allow the fact when my insurance renews in August that is no doubt going to have a bit of increase.
    As March is the bonus in my pay month I figured if this month we payed £200 then £150 other months and with the snowball trying to do to pay off things could clear the car in fewer months than what would originally be of 7 months.
    As we would pay a £500 down payment and car is £1600.

Not the best end to last month. But hopefully can just put this beyond me and it not affect my plans too much.

• Rollingwithitmama
    Options
    Well made 2 big payments today.
    Cleared my phone device off so £138 to that. I still have an airtime bill to pay at end of month but have found a sim only deal at £8 a month so will make a monthly saving £39 a MONTH!!!

Also paid off my Scott &Co which one payment of £92.80. So no more monthly payment of that whoop!!!!! Monthly saving of £40.20.

• BabySteps234
    Options
    Hi! I’m following you back and have enjoyed reading your diary. Similar numbers in and out as ours.
    A good piece of advice I got on here was to start a Christmas / gift fund and also a contingency plan for if things like washing machine / fridge to prevent you reaching for the credit cards when things go wrong. I’m doing £100 a month but even if you did £40/£50 a month it would take some pressure off at Christmas and stop the catulauge purchases.

Glad you are ok after your crash! My DH hit a deer and had his car written off too a couple of months ago! Hundreds of deer around and becoming quite dangerous! He was doing 70mph on main road when his ran out so I’m very grateful he wasn’t hurt! The car insurance didn’t actually go up! So there is a silver lining for you ... he also managed to get a car which doesn’t need tax so that was great too!
    Best to luck with you on your debt free journey! X
  • Rollingwithitmama
    Options
    The catalogue buys have been for such the needs of washing machines, tumble dryers, fridge etc. We have never used for Christmas that. Christmas has never been debt based which I always say and take as a win. We save up from 3 months prior to December for what we get gift wise and only give to kids no adults and genuinely nothing excessive.

That’s good to hear the insurance wasn’t too bad after.
    Yeh we are definitely starting to restructure our fund allocation and get a car emergency fund on the go now.

• Rollingwithitmama
    Options
    So March is ending so glad for it to be done.
    Made big steps this month.
    Phone device debt paid off, old council tax debt paid off and in essence car loan paid off.
    Total of £3,917.5 paid to debts this month!!!

Even more exciting at my work I got a new position in other department so for the next 12 months will have a good pay increase in my salary. ����

This won’t happen till my May pay as got 4 weeks still to serve in current department before I move.
    But plan to stick to plan and budget currently getting by with and the extra income going to more paying off.

• BabySteps234
    Options
    Wow! That’s a huge amount! Well done you! I’m still paying stuff off but not at the rate I’d hoped to... still things moving in the right direction! Congrats on new job too! :)
  • Rollingwithitmama
    Options
    I certainly if not had the trouble with the car able to clear such an amount for March. April has been not as good very small steps this month. But as long as we make one step in the direction better Han none I think.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills