Loan almost statute barred, how to delay?

Options
124»

Comments

• Bermonia
    Bermonia Posts: 977 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Aww, are you sore at the world Windbag (appropriate name by the way)?

Did Windbag lose his job as a collector as he wasn’t very good at it and is now disgruntled with the whole industry?

Does Windbag think that people are forced to borrow money they don’t need... or does he deep down accept that people CHOOSE to borrow money?

Does Windbag still live at home with his mummy?

Actually no need to respond we all know the answer already.

Regrettably i’m sure you will talk again.
  • fwor
    fwor Posts: 6,811 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Windbag66 wrote: »
    Thing is phillw,

Its a lot more complicated then you realise.

Thing is Windbag66,

You're seeing the detail and missing the bigger picture - which is that debt collection and the use of bailiffs is an essential part of the court system, and the court system is an essential part of society. It's simply a way of getting a fair resolution when people disagree about money, and it won't work if people can just refuse to pay and get away with it.

You describe debt collection as "bad", and say that paying debt collectors should be avoided, but the truth isn't that simple.

Perhaps some day you will need to recover money owed to you by someone else through the courts, and then you'll realise that debt collection can be either good or bad - depending on which side of the fence you're standing...
  • John_G_Jones
    John_G_Jones Posts: 542 Forumite
    edited 23 February 2019 at 10:05AM
    Options
    Windbag66 wrote: »
    Aww, are you sore at me john ?

So John is a banker, yes ? John likes to lend money to people who don’t need it.

I suspect John likes driving around in his flash car, paid for by his big bankers bonus eh !!

I understand perfectly John, the question is, do you.......
    We’ll talk again real soon John.
    You’re getting confused about the financial world again.

The bankers who get big bonuses are not the ones who lend money to retail clients.

Investment banks are the ones with the high pay, and we help corporations, pension funds, governments etc to structure their finances more efficiently, issue bonds for them, or hedge their exposures.

The fees charged tend to be pretty small percentages on the whole, but on very large sums of money.

And yes, it does therefore pay pretty well. If you can allow an airline to do a deal that matches the size of their jet fuel hedge to the stock market, which is a good predictor of passenger miles, then you can save them tens of millions of dollars, and they are comfortable paying a fee for that.

I’m not really sure why, when you don’t seem to know what we do, that you get so upset about us, but that’s your problem, not mine,
  • John_G_Jones
    Options
    phillw wrote: »
    Right, you have a legal and moral duty to repay debts.

Does it matter? I'm only responsible for my own actions. If someone acts badly then that doesn't mean I should harm myself by lowering my own standards.
    It’s refreshing to see someone posting this. When growing up we always knew that there were families like Windbag’s who did not care one iota for social responsibility, but at least back then they felt some kind of shame about it.

Nowadays he’s one of too many who gloat openly about not paying back what they owe, and urge others to default even if they have the means to repay in full.
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,542 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    I have a loan that is statute barred in April. I asked for the CCA agreements five years ago and they have only just been provided, I believe because the loans will be statute barred in a matter of weeks.

They have given me until the 25th Feb to respond, one of the CCAs has an illegible date, and also I believe I have a month in which to return any PAP, and also I intend to request a SAR to get the exact SB date.

My question is, I would like to delay for eight weeks, what is the best procedure to go about this, to string this out for as long as possible?

I suggest you follow the information in debt camel's article and ask for everything you can.

https://debtcamel.co.uk/letter-before-claim-ccj/

If you do receive a court claim you should post on

https://legalbeagles.info/forums/forum/legal-forums/court-claims-and-issues/received-a-court-claim?105-Received-a-Court-Claim=
  • bris
    bris Posts: 10,548 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Once you recognise the debt then the clock resets, so if you get involved in a correspondence with them about it you shoot yourself in the foot.

The best thing to do is ignore everything and wait it out if you haven't already shot your big toe off.
  • dealer_wins
    Options
    Borrow, agree to pay it back. Any person with morals pays it back unless its actually genuinely beyond their capability.

Anyone deliberately shirking their responsibility will get their karma in spades!!!
  • John_G_Jones
    Options
    bris wrote: »
    Once you recognise the debt then the clock resets, so if you get involved in a correspondence with them about it you shoot yourself in the foot.

The best thing to do is ignore everything and wait it out if you haven't already shot your big toe off.
    Do NOT take this advice.

Write to them, acknowledge the debt, and you will buy yourself more time.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure