Advice on business plans and finding an investor for a new product

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Boost Your Income
1 reply 735 views
lawtz04lawtz04 Forumite
585 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Boost Your Income
Hi all

Bit of an unusual one and apologies to the moderators if this isn't the correct forum.

I have an idea for a new product which isn't on the market in the form I would like to create it in, but I know next to nothing about new products. I believe from reading up on it I need to create a business plan, product design and possibly a prototype to be able to attract investors.

I would be more than happy to sell the idea at this stage to a company/manufacturer but I have no idea if they would be interested without the above.

Can anyone recommend someone to produce the business plan in the first place (or invest!) and of course, keeping it money saving, what one would be looking to pay for this?

Thank you
I've just started entering the competitions (July 07). When I win I'll update this signature. Look on the bright side, I shouldn't have to update it very often.

Replies

• BrowntoaBrowntoa Forumite, Board Guide
    48.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it a totally new product or a variation of an existing one.

Just because you think it's new there may be a patent existing for an almost identical idea

https://www.gov.uk/search-for-patent
    Links in my signature currently broken
    I'm the Board Guide of the ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's , Boost your income and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to [email protected] Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.[
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s

MSE Guides

Cinema MoneySaving tips & tricks

Including year's 2for1 movies for £1

MSE Deals