Do Ocado honour basket price if offers change?

I started an online shop with Ocado last week, but I went back to it last night and realised that their offers had changed.

My basket shows the items at the offer price I saw last week (eg half price), but if I click through to an individual product page, it shows the full price.

My question is, even though my basket shows last weeks offers, even as I go through to the check out page, will I have to pay full price once the order is delivered?

Hope that makes sense!

Comments

• sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,890 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I started an online shop with Ocado last week, but I went back to it last night and realised that their offers had changed.

My basket shows the items at the offer price I saw last week (eg half price), but if I click through to an individual product page, it shows the full price.

My question is, even though my basket shows last weeks offers, even as I go through to the check out page, will I have to pay full price once the order is delivered?

Hope that makes sense!

You pay the price on the day of delivery so if offers have changed, you pay that days price.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • RainbowDrops
    RainbowDrops Posts: 4,674 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 26 January 2019 at 10:21AM
    Thought that might be the case, thanks!
    Just seems like an odd system. Tesco update your basket if the price changes.
  • alanq
    alanq Posts: 4,216 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 26 January 2019 at 12:50PM
    sarah1972 wrote: »
    You pay the price on the day of delivery so if offers have changed, you pay that days price.

Not true. See clause 2.
    https://www.ocado.com/webshop/scontent/purchasetermsandconditions#

Supermarket policies vary. See
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=74952915
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Agreed. You pay the price when you add to your basket.

Useful if an offer is about to end, as you can add it into the following week's basket and keep the offer price.
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,890 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 26 January 2019 at 1:50PM
    alanq wrote: »

Never happened to me, I have had missed offers.

They quoted me this when I questioned it.

Please note that as promotions are offered for a limited period of time subsequent amendments to your order may mean that certain promotions are no longer being offered.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • JIL
    JIL Posts: 8,687 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I have shopped with ocado for years, I believe as long as you have checked out your basket then the offers stand.
    I have never not had an offer be honoured. I have also had offers from one week and offers from the new in the same shop.
  • judexx
    judexx Posts: 495 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary

Hope that makes sense!

I've been caught out by this as well - do wish Ocado could get their act together so that the price in your (unchecked out) basket reflects the price that you will pay (like Tesco).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure