Job Description - Occupational Health assessment on return to work

Options
2»

Comments

• 74jax
    74jax Posts: 7,927 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I think I'm reading right, in that your gp had provided information they shouldn't have to your occ health? Occ health asked for a report, they recieved information from your gp and used this? I'm not sure how that is occ health's fault? They are only using information provided to them?
    Forty and fabulous, well that's what my cards say....
  • wizzards
    wizzards Posts: 153 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 22 January 2019 at 9:27PM
    Options
    74jax wrote: »
    I think I'm reading right, in that your gp had provided information they shouldn't have to your occ health? Occ health asked for a report, they recieved information from your gp and used this? I'm not sure how that is occ health's fault? They are only using information provided to them?

Yes the GP has provided more than what the consent form allows. i.e A report of which I was supposed to get a copy and I had 21 days to approve or reject. Its doesn't give them the rights to share NHS printouts of my visits to a Walk in centre two years before. 3 sets of blood test results and two private letters 1 to me and the 2nd to my GP.

And Yes the Health company has shared with my employer the Walk in centre report along with detailed data including at least 3 blood and other test results. The private letters to me and my GP from the hospital. The letters in particular from after the date I formally withdrew the consent from my GP and then informed the health company in writing of the same. i.e Access to medical data was terminated.

The consent I gave the Occ health allows them to provide a report to my employer of my fitness to work. That doesn't allow them to just give them NHS printouts and copies of private correspondence ?

So I think someat is a bit wrong. Until I was diagnosed my company claimed poor performance and aggressively targeted everything I did during a period of ongoing redundancies. The boss wrote it all down sending emails of what he was complaining about and at the time even though seriously ill I managed to challenge it in writing and ask for examples. He failed to provide a single example and shouted at me "I told you before and I am not going over it again ! " Its possible I was so off the wall but I don't think so. With tumors under the brain its a tough one. After I gather all evidence together I can only go a solicitor I think.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure