Vitamins

Options
13»

Comments

• Kim_kim
    Kim_kim Posts: 3,726 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    My doctor says this, everyone who lives in Northern Europe could do with taking vitamin D.  I have ever since.  
  • Kim_kim
    Kim_kim Posts: 3,726 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    serena9 said:
    I disagree they are a waste of time, in reality nobody eats a perfectly balanced diet, even most of the time, I have had excellent results with each day taking

1000 mg EPO - sorted out sore breasts, bad skin and pmt and perimenopause symptoms
    A spoonful of liquid glucosamine - no more aches and pains
    2g of Magnesium - this is a high dose as I am a chronic migraine sufferer and this has helped more than any other medication ever has, its preventative so takes a while to build up

All bought from eBay from reputable sellers with 100% high volume feedback, no fillers, I may look at vegan alternatives though as per the post above.
    My daughter takes the EPO.  She gets sore boobs if she doesn’t take it.  
  • 1margaret1
    Options
    I don't drink such serious vitamins. Except for vitamin E and calcium.
  • MrsStepford
    MrsStepford Posts: 1,600 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I eat mostly organic or wild food. I hope this is healthier, merely because it contains fewer pesticides, no GM ingredients, fewer additives. I don't think an organic carrot contains more nutrients. 

I am taking a vitamin D supplement and an immune support tablet (Vitabiotics IIRC) one on one day, other the following day,  These are temporary. I take B12 on the days I take vitamin D, that's the thing I always take. I use Engevita nutritional yeasr flakes with vitamin B12 occasionally or Brewer's Yeast. 
  • makeetelich92
    Options
    We Should be taking diet and mineral dietary supplements There is, unfortunately, no easy answer. Registered dietitian Daphna Steinberg says that for maximum adults beneath neath 50, a balanced weight-reduction plan is the excellent area to start, in place of the diet aisle. Rather than seeking to bet what is excellent for you, communicate in your doctor, pharmacist or registered dietitian to recognize for sure!
  • Emmia
    Emmia Posts: 3,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    I take a regular multi vitamin and a vitamin D tablet following medical advice.
  • eatmyshorts
    Options
    Back to the original question...can anyone recommend a brand based on quality and price. Many thanks 😊
  • Emmia
    Emmia Posts: 3,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Back to the original question...can anyone recommend a brand based on quality and price. Many thanks 😊
    I tend to either buy vitabionics, either the perfectil or wellwoman (these aren't cheap though) or the Boots own brand A-Z option - always on a 3 for 2.  I've never bought the tablets in Aldi / Lidl / off the internet etc.

My vitamin D tablets are always vitabionics.
  • thepurplepixie
    Options
    I have vitamin D prescribed by doctor so I assume it is good for me.  I don't worry about vitamin C as I eat lots of fruit and have a reasonably balanced diet.  One thing for people who don't like fish oils is Consultant at local hospital told me to ditch the fish oils and take flax seed oil.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback