Dolly's savings diary......

13»

Comments

• savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    OMG.OMG, just seen your post!

Am glad you are ok. Yikes to car. You are v lucky to be ok and that the cost was only £10- hurrah for small mercies.

All is well weather is just drizzly here now and no ice thank goodness. We couldn't cope with that in the South we would have to call the Army in for help after a drop of ice as we are wimps.:rotfl::rotfl:
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • Still can't believe I was so lucky with that.

Oh I'm calling in the Army the next time I see ice like that :p Defo going nowhere near my car in that weather again!

Dxxx
  • So made a little change to my saving goals and have switched them to run with the tax years so starting on 01.04.2019.

I need to get myself a H2B ISA so that I can make my first deposit in April.

I am with Nationwide and was thinking of just staying with them but might have a wee look at HSBC and Clydesdale Bank, really got no idea what I am doing or where is best to go so any advice send it my way.

Dxxx
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Hello petal, I just saw this. I hope you are ok.

I don't know anything about Help to Buy Isa's as I am too old. I would check MSE and what is says in the ISA's area in the main site.

Can anyone offer advice ?
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • Hey SW,

I think I might nip into the bank and speak to them after I have a look on here.

I think the H2B would be best for me right now.

I will open a LISA later to start saving for retirement but would need to see how the finances are because if you do take out money before retirement you lose out and get less than what you paid in.

I'm not sure how I feel about that considering I'm on my own so if something happened and I needed that money?!?!

Decisions!

I can open that when I am 39 so got about 3 years to think about it :rotfl:

Dxxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills