unsecured loans with bad credit score?

Options
help! we desperately must find a loan - must be unsecured as we are tenants and only have one income plus child tax credits as income.we have been refused by everyone weve applied to so far due to bad credit history - no ccj or bankrupcy just defaults etcany advice who we can approach who may be likely to help other than the debt management schemes (a lot of our debt isnt able to be taken on by them)we are looking for £5000 and would be extremely grateful for any ideas

Comments

• anniecave
    anniecave Posts: 2,443 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    what sort of debts do you have? What interest rates are you being charged?
    Indecision is the key to flexibility :)
  • charliedog_2
    Options
    anniecave wrote: »
    what sort of debts do you have? What interest rates are you being charged?

thanks for replying - we have utility bill arrears, an overdraft to settle on a closed account, 2 credit cards - not sure on the interest rates off the top of my head but we have arrears and just need to clear the lot desperately. weve been turned down for new credit cards also
  • Butlers1982
    Butlers1982 Posts: 3,286 Forumite
    Options
    no ccj or bankrupcy just defaults etcany

Until the market starts to go steady, you wont get 5k unsecured with defaults, historically your a bad payer, people wont lend you money at the moment
  • Zebedee69
    Zebedee69 Posts: 1,034 Forumite
    Options
    charliedog wrote: »
    thanks for replying - we have utility bill arrears, an overdraft to settle on a closed account, 2 credit cards - not sure on the interest rates off the top of my head but we have arrears and just need to clear the lot desperately. weve been turned down for new credit cards also

Hia!

Sounds like your in a right one....:rolleyes:

Anyway if you have applied for a number of cards and loans to sort yourself out I would guess all those applications have been listed. You wont get anything my guess is least of all 5k.

Why dont you get in touch with CAB. they will sort out bills and overdrafts whatever you do dont ring up any companies that offer to help. You'll end up in a worse situation.

JUST GO TO THE CAB:D

You wont get a loan so forget it. Just concentrate on getting a payment scheme set up with CAB...
  • bathgatebuyer
    Options
    Don't make the mistake of borrowing more to keep up with your existing debts, There comes a point you will have to draw a line in the sand and try and get out of the hole another way - speaking from a harsh experience myself here!

CAB can help - they will contact the companies involved to try and put in place a more suitable arrangement. You don't have to borrow more and make the hole deeper for yourself.
    Almost debt-free, but certainly even with the Banks!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure