PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Friday 11th January 2019

Options
This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.
If you walk at night no-one will see you cry.

Comments

• silver-oldie
    silver-oldie Posts: 1,007 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Good morning all

Woke at 4 and can't get back to sleep

Snoozer good luck to Steve when he starts his treatment.

Granny dp good news about the baby is doing so well and mummy has got her cuddle.

Bella hope your son is ok

Holly good to hear from you

Nelski why do are mothers treat us the way they do and then we go back again??

Thoughts are with taff, poppy and anyone else finding life difficult

Take care all
    If you walk at night no-one will see you cry.
  • nmlc
    nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone

silver-oldie - thanks for starting us off x

Hugs to those that want/need one x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

DH up and gone to work stupid early, DS1 now getting ready for work and DS2 still in his pit, will wake him shortly, he needs some brekkie and I'll give him a lift to the gym early. Heating engineer is booked for 9am since the boiler has been serviced when you turn the hot water on the boiler is making a high pitched squeal that we can't get rid of until the boiler goes off on the timer.

Dinner last night was a cheeky takeaway - enjoyed by us all. Tonight will be breaded chicken, chips/jacket potato, beans/veg for the menfolk, I'll have mushroom omeletter and salad.

The training session was ok yesterday and I did get some washing done but not that much so really need to get stuck in today and tomorrow morning.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,013 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning All

Thanks for the start SO.
    Pleased that Steve is to start his treatment Snoozer, hope all goes well.
    Glad to hear the baby is doing well dp1.

Went back to swimming yesterday morning, off there again this morning. It wasn't as bad as I had feared!

Popped in to see DD yesterday after work, she is really unwell, still being sick after a week and not eating. She is managing to drink a little but not enough. Hoping she gets a Drs appt today, I can nip out of work to take her, she isn't even well enough to drive.

Did some shopping, thank goodness! My fridge was very white inside!

Hugs to all, take care. XX
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    edited 11 January 2019 at 8:04AM
    Options
    Morning all,

Could not get on at all yesterday as I had computer problems I have borrowed dd's old laptop and will need to get mine fixed if only to get the photos off.

I seem to have woken with OH's cold I dont feel rough but my nose is bunged up and yet constantly running !! very annoying.

I need to go and read the thread from yesterday and catch up on your news but I hope everyone is ok x

Something with mince for dinner tonight I might do tacos for a change just need to get some lettuce.

Cleaner coming today so it will be nice tonight, will just need to do some washing.

Right better get on, its Friday !! Yay
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,850 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning all

Busy day planned with accounts, VAT, expenses and alike

Kitchen needs another good sorting, where does 'stuff' come from?

Going to clean the hall as well
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • WeeMidgie
    WeeMidgie Posts: 469 Forumite
    Options
    :
    Good morning everyone and thanks for the start, silver oldie.

Camelot, I hope your daughter gets some relief from her symptoms. Virtual hugs for taff, Holly and Poppy, and anyone else who isn't feeling well.

I had a very quiet day yesterday, but today I'm going to meet two sewing group friends. The group doesn't get going until next week, so it'll be nice to catch up with everything that has happened over Christmas and New Year.

dp1, how lovely your daughter has at last been able to hold her wee bundle at last :A. That's a bit of travelling for you every week, but early support is so vital and worth it to share in the joy of those precious early days and weeks. What a wonderful time for the whole family :)

My own wee granddaughter is doing really well, half a world away, and I'm so looking forward to meeting her when she comes home for a visit with both her parents in early Summer. There's a constant flow of photos in the meantime, and messaging online, which bridges the miles wonderfully well.

I was awake very early, 4.20 thanks to a very vivid nightmare. Too early to tidy up the kitchen! but I did take some hot lemon water back to bed with me and caught up with some online pages.

Friday already, and I hope you can have the best day possible. If you do get down and feel adrift, just remember you can take it as read that your OS friends are sending uplift vibes your way. It only works! :cool: xxx
  • ScarletRibbons
    Options
    Good morning all. It seems to be a quiet, dry, mildish morning here.
    I haven't posted for a day or two, been out early the last couple of days, then the day has got away from me.

Glad that Steve is starting treatment Snoozer, hope he'll be all right.

I've got the usual jobs to do today, and I might go to the market. Years ago our little town would be packed on Fridays, people came from outlying areas for the market, but it's a shadow of its former self now. The council rejuvenated the market place, and put the traders' rents up, so that started a decline. We have the cheap shops now as well that we didn't have years ago, so i think that's a factor as well.

Two friends are coming round tonight, and we'll solve the world's problems. If only!!

Thinking of the poorly and sad
    Take care folks
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,771 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good morning,

Bella I hope your son's pain has eased a bit this morning.

Camelot if she's too ill to drive it might be worth asking for a call out? I hope she gets some help from somewhere.

Holly it's lovely to see your posts and I'm glad you're getting so much support.

Not much happening here - I'm taking it easy in the hopes of getting better quickly. I caught whatever I have from my aunty who has COPD and what seems like a permanent chest infection so luckily it's come without a cold virus. If I stay in as much as possible, use my inhalers and take over the counter decongestants I may not have to resort to the doctor and steroids fingers crossed.

I've made a start on the last hat that I have to knit (for now) and I've also started another trauma teddy. The HT is having chicken, mash, veg and gravy this evening. I'm having curry in the hope that the spices will help with clearing whatever infection I have.

Silver-oldie my mum was so bad that my boyfriend at the time she was at her worst banned me from calling her as she upset me so much every time. Her only interest was herself and her new husband. She died when I was 21 before she could do any more damage to my younger sister and as a parent myself I will never understand her total lack of interest in her children or their lives. Even now my sister says she'd like one last conversation - just to ask her what she thought she was doing..... Big hugs from me, at least you know that you've made every effort.

Take care all of you :)
  • ScarletRibbons
    Options
    After reading back, I've just popped back to say, good to hear from you Holly!!

Cranky, I too would like one last conversation with my mother, though one wouldn't be enough. Just to talk about why our relationship was not very good. I still sometimes ponder about it. Too late now though.
  • dumpling
    dumpling Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Good morning everyone :hello:
    It's cold but dry here today. I stayed in bed as long as I could but eventually had to get up. I weighed myself first thing and I have lost 11lb this week so I am really happy. I know the vast majority of that is water weight but I don't care because my poor legs don't have to lug it around any more.

The kids are still asleep and Steve has gone into work. He came home quite upset yesterday as one of the ladies that works with him was killed crossing a road to get to work in the morning. It was quite shocking as he was only talking about her the day before.

I had a difficult afternoon as well as my 'friend' came to see me and it transpired she was only using me to try and cover her tracks so she could spend the night with the man she is having an affair with. I am upset about it and don't feel able to look her husband in the eye the next time he comes over. Obviously there is a lot of backstory but it left me angry and wondering if there is any friendship left to continue.

I have shopping being delivered this morning and the kids were kind enough to sort out the fridge yesterday so the new food can fit in properly. As a bonus, there was a carton of half fat creme fraiche discovered so dinner tonight is bacon and spinach pasta. There have been quite a few protests at the healthy dinners and general lack of crappy food but they are all plenty old enough to go and buy their own supplies if they want. I am treating myself as an addict and if the food is in the house then I will want to eat it. By severely limiting my choices I will have more chance of success.

Hope you all have a great day whatever you are up to, take care xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport