Unemployment seems to entitle people to your life!

Options
13»

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,104 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    amcg100 wrote: »
    Being unemployed should be a citizens right in my opinion, we should have the right to opt out and select it as a lifestyle choice.
    Absolutely fine but you should not be entitled to money people's wages in the form of benefits if you do. Why do you think you should be entitled to my money that I've grafted hard for in one of the most dangerous jobs in the UK, doing up to 15hrs a day out in all weathers and all times of the day and night?

I have no problem helping people who can't work and who want to work but can't find work but I absolutely no way in hell have any intention of helping someone who doesn't feel they have to do anything to help themselves and expects the rest of us to provide them with an income to live on.
  • UserName123
    Options
    ^haha no one is being forced to work. If you choose not to work amcg100 then don’t get tax payers money.
  • Sea_Shell
    Sea_Shell Posts: 9,518 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Going by the thread title, in addition, family also can have a tendency to think that you can now be at their beck and call, as you've "nothing better to do", this happens with retirement too!!!
    How's it going, AKA, Nutwatch? - 12 month spends to date = 2.38% of current retirement "pot" (as at end April 2024)
  • Red-Squirrel_2
    Options

Many commenters seem to have missed where I said I’m living off credit cards. I don’t borrow my bf’s cards, I don’t claim benefits, his wages only barely cover our bills but I in no way expect him to pay my half.

I'm a bit concerned that your BF is watching you rack up credit card debt without offering to help by increasing his contribution and is still moaning about supporting you even though he isn't!

You really really should claim the benefits you're entitled to, living in cards is not a situation that will end well.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I understand why your family have said what they have, if you get a job then your bf wont get all huffy at you and thinks you sit at home all day.

OP why not apply for a job where your sister works, you might find its ok/you enjoy it and if you don't like it then at least you tried.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure