Help what to do now

Options
Kez1
Kez1 Posts: 23 Forumite
Hi Guys

Need a little help please, I wrote to Egg to claim back my PPI, I stated in the letter that i felt that it was inappropriate and unecessary and the sales amn was pushy etc, 6 weeks later i get the response from them saying i made my application online and that i did not speak to an egg advisor and they do no accept my complaint - I didnt even remember how i did the application lol

I feel that the PPI is absolutely useless to me as for the past year i have been a temporary employee on short term contracts so even if i wanted to make a claim for what ever reason i would not be able to make it. I still want my ppi money back as i have never made a claim and it is useless too me. At the time of application i dont think i fully understood what payment protection was about because i am sure when i obtained some quotes a few months before via phone the adviser blatantly scared me as i was only 18.

Is there anything i can do or shall i just accept that i have another year left of payments and never be able to use the protection. I really want this money back its £2000 ppi of payments that i dont need.

Help pls

thanks

Comments

• Hopeful1
    Hopeful1 Posts: 2,076 Forumite
    Options
    Do you have a copy of your agreement and the terms and conditions? If not i would ask them for that. It is likely the insurance wouldn't cover you if you are a temporary worker.

Your request for a copy of the agreement would come under the consumer credit act 1974. You have to send a £1.00 cheque or postal order and send it recorded delivery. Keep all receipts. I don't know if the template letters are on this site. Someone else may be able to help. I've used letters from the Consumer Action Group forum if you get stuck.

Egg have refused my claim after i've been through all the motions, so i have now sent it to Financial Ombudsman Service. As i did this they sent me a partial offer, so they are buckling slowly!!

NEVER GIVE UP!! Best wishes ;)
    One step at a time ;)
  • Kez1
    Options
    Thank you yes they sent me a copy of the t and c's and the agreement it would not cover me, i know this also as i used to work for Barclays and sell the PPI :(

So do i write to the ombudsmun now do i copy egg in it or just write straight to them. What do i say with regards to how it was mis sold as i didnt speak to an advisor

thanks
  • Hopeful1
    Options
    I would write to Egg again clearly stating your reasons for the loan to have been mis-sold ie temporary contract. Give them 14 days to make their final response. I usually say at the end of letters that if i am not satisified i will take my complaint to the relevant authorities.

Then you can take it to FOS. FOS will want to know if Egg have given their final response which is the main reason for writing to them again to give them 1 last chance!

Before you write, read round any relevant info you can find on here, the website i mentioned in last post or / and the Consumer Credit Support forum to pick up some relevant lingo.

Post how you get on ;)
    One step at a time ;)
  • Kez1
    Options
    How about this

Dear ......

Thank you for your response regarding the complaint I raised over 6 weeks ago. I wasn't aware that i applied for the loan via the internet, I would like you to reconsider my complaint on the grounds that I was not asked online weather I had any pre existing medical conditions that may affect my ability to make a claim, at the moment i am a Temporary employee on short term contracts and I know that if i need to make a claim on the grounds of unemployment i wouldnt be able to. The PPI policy i have in place is of absolute not use to myself and I would never be able to use it. I insist on a refund on all premiums paid on the basis that it is useless to me. Also when i first contacted your company to obtain quotes i was advised by one of your customer advisers that taking out payment protection would enhance my ability to take out a loan with your company.

I would like a response within the next 14 days and after which time i dont receive a satisfactory response then i shall take my complaint to the FOS.

Any ideas how to make this sound better? thanks
  • Hopeful1
    Options
    Here you are:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/redir/7a40ea2f

It's a link to the template of the 2nd letter to send. You just need to copy it and adapt it to suit you.

Hope that helps ;)
    One step at a time ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family