Louise Parker method

Is anyone using this eating and exercise plan? She has a new book which has just been released a few days ago and am looking for buddies for new year, improved life style.

The idea is basically to improve your health and stress levels by

- eating only non processed foods which are mostly low GI carbs and protein with a small amount of fat per meal (portion controlled until you achieve your target weight).
- 4 x 40 mins exercise per week (plus increasing step count to 10k per day)
- improve sleep hygiene with the aim of getting at least 7 hours sleep per night
- manage stress levels using various techniques such as decluttering, regular “brain naps” in the day (aka 10 min breaks)

I’ve used her previous books successfully in the past but have managed to put on a few pounds over Christmas and let my sleep patterns get out of whack so am going to get back on the horse again and would love some online buddies along the way.

Comments

• Whatever works for you, but it does sound like she's making money by advocating things that are just common sense.
    taking a self-enforced break from this forum due to the persistent and ongoing troll problem, and the systematic abuse of the report button system in order to get people/usernames banned
  • JEN22
    JEN22 Posts: 612 Forumite
    Be careful with Celeb endorsed books . She has never been overweight for a start. Theses books are all at marketing to people like you.

Go with whatever works for you
  • My advice would be - do what is best for you. All our bodies are different. If this works for you then great! :D

But also remember - can you do this for life? You need a diet and exercise routine that is sustainable for you
  • Ilona
    Ilona Posts: 2,449 Forumite
    Dr Rangan Chattergee is the book you want, The Four Pillar Plan. Remember Doctor in the House, where he went to live with families to put them on the right track. He talks a lot of sense.

ilona
    I love skip diving.
    :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills