Vision express "Free" Contact lens trial

Options
Hello Everyone,

I am not sure if any of you have had a so called free contact lens trial with vision express or not.
So i do my eye test and then after they book me into a contact lens trial, my prescription is very high so they had to order some contact lenses for me.

On the day of the trial, an assistant (After i learn shes actually just a saleswoman) taught and assisted me on how to put my lenses on and then take them off, then the ophthalmologist had a look at the lenses under her scope to check it. Immediately after, the assistant asks if i wanted to go for the direct debit scheme. i was confused here as the whole point of the trial was to see if contact lenses were right for me then i would order them after the trial.

The ophthalmologists says its fine then tells the assistant to go through it with me a couple more times. so after that she makes me sign a booklet saying they ran everything though and such. Immediately after she asked me again if i wanted to sign a direct debit scheme and i said NO.

I had my glasses to collect on the same day, after all that has happened the lady asks when i wanted to book for a checkup, and for the third time she asks "how are the lenses feeling, would you like me to set you up a direct debit scheme?". I said NO and then booked a date for the checkup.

Now, at this point she asked for £25, i was a bit confused but paid it anyways. They had dilated my eyes earlier and at this point i just wanted to go home. What i do not understand is why would they charge me £25 for a free contact lens trial and nowhere on their website states they they would. I had an eye test done and everything i did qualified for a free trial. The lady did say if i opted into their direct debit scheme they would take off the £25.

Overall i want to know is this charge even applicable and are the sales people this pushy?? Horrible experience!

Thanks

Comments

• charlotte1994
    Options
    I would ring the store of their head office and ask what the charge was for!

I had a free contact lens trial with Specsavers and they did the same thing, tried to get me to sign up to the direct debit. Since you told them no, they shouldn't have charged you. They charged me on the day as I had an eye test at the same time.

The £25 wasn't an outstanding charge on your glasses or for an eye test or anything like that?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure