facebook marketplace help

Hi all looking for help/advice.
I have been using facebook market place for about 18 months to both buy & sell. A few months ago I go blocked from it & all buy/sell groups. I have tried to appeal the decision multiple times but with no luck. I've searched on google & it seems if you're blocked your basically screwed as it's bots that operate things hence you dont actually get to talk to an actual person to try & resolve the issue.
I dont know why i've been blocked it just says some of my adverts go against listing policies. It did flag up some adverts in the months leading up to the ban but it seemed to be very random which ad's of mine it picked that would be considered to violate policies. For example i could post a jacket for sale & it would be fine for a few days then it would say violation so i'd delete & repost then it would be ok.
I had advertised a mixture of clothing - branded & non branded , all of the branded items were authentic (not replicas or fakes). There was no alcohol, drugs, weapons ... anything really. Most of it was clothes/shoes & sometimes the odd games console/mobile phone.

As i say i've tried to appeal but i just keep getting "we have reviewed your request to appeal & confirm your adverts go against fb policies" - when i ask for what specific items or further info on exactly HOW said listings go against the rules there is no response.

very frustrating as I now cant buy or sell :( I use ebay but there's some things that arent worth the ebay hassle & more suitable for local advertisement.

any ideas welcomed.

Comments

• baza52
    baza52 Posts: 3,029
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    open another account and use that ;)
  • baza52 wrote: »
    open another account and use that ;)
    not so simple.
    only certain users are eligible for market place, most new accounts wont be.
  • baza52
    baza52 Posts: 3,029
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    dont you have local selling groups you can use? we have loads of them here, at least 5 within a few miles

Facebook rarely go back on a decision, I had a group with over 50,000 members and they just closed it out of the blue with no warning. Tried to get the group reinstated but gave up after a few weeks.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,027
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    Facebook closing down the ability to sell via marketplace seems to becoming a fairly common issue, several people in different forums I read have had their selling privileges revoked and no one so far seems to have persuaded Facebook to over turn their decision.

The marketplace metrics though are very strange , I had an item removed as it was against their policy of selling live animals or animal parts, my item though was a Beswick horse made from bone china! I appealed and never heard a thing and the item was never allowed to be listed.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • thank's for the replies. very frustrating not being able to sell on facebook as it seems to be the most popular platform locally. Gumtree is still ok for larger/more expensive electronics (phones, games consoles etc) but clothing, footwear & smaller household items people tend not to bother with on gumtree (sadly).
  • Wizzbang
    Wizzbang Posts: 4,716
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    Forumite
    I've had some listings blocked for the most random reasons, all were baby and childrens items. But their bots seemed to think that a pram was an offensive weapon and a breast pump was some kind of illegal medical supply! I just put those on eBay only and I still hold my account. Perhaps better to delete blocked ads and not try to re-post them, if you ever get the chance again?
    Minimalist
    Extra income since 01/11/12 £36,546.45

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family