We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Barclays additions account

Options
Hi, I had a packaged account with Barclays for 15 years. I switched to a fee free account in 2013 but at the time I did not realise that there may be grounds for complaint about the potential mis selling of this account. I was not told that it was optional to switch to a packaged account at the time. In terms of the cover supposedly provided by the packaged account e.g RAC, mobile phone insurance etc I have never used any of these. I recently wrote to Barclays to make a complaint and they have responded saying I was out of time I.e. I should have contacted them within 3 years. I sent a follow up letter but they are sticking to their original decision. I have escalated my case to FCA but just wanted to check whether there are any other routes open to me?

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 610.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.8K Life & Family
  • 249.6K Travel & Transport