We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Advice please
jules23958
Posts: 103 Forumite
On 4th April this year I went bankrupt with approximately 38k of debt. I was allowed to keep my car for which I had taken out a hire purchase loan I had around 22 payments to make of £227 a month- I also still retained my student loan of which I was making £100 as a token payment through the bankruptcy though now they are requesting an extra £65 for the current payment plus an extra £50 for the interest on the £100 which I think is a bit cheeky. I was unemployed for two years with depression and should have got my solicitor who had power of attorney for me during this period to arrange for a deferment on my student loan so am now asking them whether they could defer in regression as such in order that I can try to increase payments to my car loan as they have been taken over by another debt company and they are pushing me to pay a lump sum?
0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards