Forum Home» Gaming MoneySaving

PC Gaming VS Console Gaming - What's your opinion - Page 12

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

PC Gaming VS Console Gaming - What's your opinion

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Gaming MoneySaving
114 replies 23.3K views
167891012»

Replies

• motorguymotorguy Forumite
    20.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exactly, I agree with you, I always prefer my PC over my PS3. In pc my controls are better and also the graphics. also I feel better to play with PC.

13+ year old technology there.... console graphics have come a long way since then.
    Just because you're offended doesnt mean you're right
  • Samsonite1Samsonite1 Forumite
    572 posts
    Sixth Anniversary 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    I think PCs have come a long way. I have a 2-3 year old laptop that cost £400 with a Quad-core AMD and ATI graphics - it plays games fine even today. That is my cheap coffee table laptop. My desktop is a Ryzen 7 with 32GB and runs anything, but still only cost £800 with SSDs, good GFX - no console would touch it for anything. Having said that, no console would cost £800, so horses for courses I suppose. But is seems that you can have a good PC gaming experience for the same money as a console in reality.
    To err is human, but it is against company policy.
  • edited 19 November 2019 at 12:29PM
    motorguymotorguy Forumite
    20.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 19 November 2019 at 12:29PM
    Samsonite1 wrote: »
    I think PCs have come a long way. I have a 2-3 year old laptop that cost £400 with a Quad-core AMD and ATI graphics - it plays games fine even today. That is my cheap coffee table laptop. My desktop is a Ryzen 7 with 32GB and runs anything, but still only cost £800 with SSDs, good GFX - no console would touch it for anything. Having said that, no console would cost £800, so horses for courses I suppose. But is seems that you can have a good PC gaming experience for the same money as a console in reality.

Really?

A new XBox One S can be had for £150 or less now..

https://www.hotukdeals.com/search?q=xbox+one+s

A used XBox One with warranty can be had for £70.99

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/refurbished-microsoft-xbox-one-500gb-console-only-fully-working-condition-7199-1tb-7999-delivered-with-code-at-music-magpie-ebay-3332142

Probably similar or less for PS4.

I'd like to see the respective new and used gaming PCs for the same money....
    Just because you're offended doesnt mean you're right
  • Samsonite1Samsonite1 Forumite
    572 posts
    Sixth Anniversary 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    motorguy wrote: »
    Really?

A new XBox One S can be had for £150 or less now..

https://www.hotukdeals.com/search?q=xbox+one+s

A used XBox One with warranty can be had for £70.99

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/refurbished-microsoft-xbox-one-500gb-console-only-fully-working-condition-7199-1tb-7999-delivered-with-code-at-music-magpie-ebay-3332142

Probably similar or less for PS4.

I'd like to see the respective new and used gaming PCs for the same money....

Well if you go second hand, you can get bargains - I have picked up decent PCs for free (or perhaps a nominal fee) that companies are getting rid of, often with screens. You can even stick a £100-200 GFX card in to make it really good for gaming - I sometimes build these for people on a budget. So it depends how much you look into it really. Realistically you are probably talking £100-200 second hand for a reasonable gaming PC if you know where to look.

Sure you can get good consoles for good money too and I would argue that it is easier because there is a more defined market whereas PC gaming requires a bit more expertise.

PS4 is 6 years old but they still seem to be around £250 brand new - holding their value well.
    To err is human, but it is against company policy.