voucher codes how do they work

How do voucher codes work? I was on an equestrian site to buy some jodhpurs and there was a box for a voucher code. Not having taken advantage of voucher code boxes before, I decided to give it a try.
I went on to a voucher code site and there were voucher codes for the Kramer Equestrian site. The offers were in Euros and there was one for 5% off. I did not know which one applied so I copied the first voucher code into the Kramer site and it said invalid. I tried copying the next code and the next and the next and the Kramer site rejected all. Am I doing something wrong? Do I have to become a member? Do I have to subscribe to something? Or is it all a waste of time?

Comments

• ZZaffy
    ZZaffy Posts: 170
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I have had a thought. I am using the Kramer website, but the jodphurs are made by Felix Buhler. So does the code have to apply to the manufacturer of the goods Felix Buhler and not the Kramer website?
    The voucher website I tried using was voucher-discountscodes.
  • Brynsam
    Brynsam Posts: 3,643
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Maybe ask Kramer direct - impossible to know from what you've said here.
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,801
    Homepage Hero I won, I won, I won! I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Senior Ambassador
    ZZaffy wrote: »
    I have had a thought. I am using the Kramer website, but the jodphurs are made by Felix Buhler. So does the code have to apply to the manufacturer of the goods Felix Buhler and not the Kramer website?
    The voucher website I tried using was voucher-discountscodes.

I can't find a website called voucher-discountcodes so cant really help you.

Was the discount code in £ and therefore a uk code?

Sometimes codes have t&c's and are only valid against certain spends or items,

The codes could of expired.

The only code I can find for Kramer at the minute is SAVE5 but cant see any t&c's so could be a minimum spend
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing [email protected]. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • sarah1972
    Senior Ambassador

As its all in euros, that's probably why your codes didnt work.

You need to really look on here or hukd for discount codes.

Did the one I list above work?
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing [email protected]. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,269
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    Looks like a very poorly designed template web site

Legal terms and other web page at the bottom are blank , news page has 1 post

Looks like someone's hobby rather than a real codes web site
    I'm a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Shopping and Freebies, Phones and TV and Over 50s boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing . All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • ZZaffy
    Forumite
    Ok thank you. I wasted a lot of time trying to figure it out. Are voucher codes worth pursuing? All seems a lot of messing about to me. Retailers should give you their best price and have done with it. Or have I just been unlucky at my first attempt?
  • sarah1972
    Senior Ambassador
    Ok thank you. I wasted a lot of time trying to figure it out. Are voucher codes worth pursuing? All seems a lot of messing about to me. Retailers should give you their best price and have done with it. Or have I just been unlucky at my first attempt?

Very worthwhile !
  • ZZaffy
    Forumite
    Sarah1972. Ok and thanks. I will give it another go. Is there a special website? And if there is, what do I do?
  • ZZaffy
    Forumite
    Which one did you list?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449K Spending & Discounts