We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
New and overwhelmed
rik1978
Posts: 96 Forumite
Hi,
Well I have been burying my head in the sand now for about 5 years, knowing full well that I have debt but hoping it would just go away which meant it has just been creeping up and up. I have no idea how much exactly I owe, I think maybe about £15,000 (not including mortgage) but I haven't done the sums yet. I actually come and browse the boards and website every day since I discovered you all about 6-9 months ago and although I have felt inspired to deal with my debt, I have never gotten around to sitting down and sorting it out. I know my first port of call is Martins Budget planner but it all seems a little overwhelming, there just seems to be so much to do, there are so many great tips and advice but where to start????
I will stop procrastinating (one of these days) and deal with it, its just all so scary. And I am dreading xmas, I love spoiling my family, even though I can't really afford it but this year I am going to make a conscious effort to do everything as cheaply as possible.
well, thought I would introduce myself and I hope this will kick start me into sitting down and sorting it all out
xx
Well I have been burying my head in the sand now for about 5 years, knowing full well that I have debt but hoping it would just go away which meant it has just been creeping up and up. I have no idea how much exactly I owe, I think maybe about £15,000 (not including mortgage) but I haven't done the sums yet. I actually come and browse the boards and website every day since I discovered you all about 6-9 months ago and although I have felt inspired to deal with my debt, I have never gotten around to sitting down and sorting it out. I know my first port of call is Martins Budget planner but it all seems a little overwhelming, there just seems to be so much to do, there are so many great tips and advice but where to start????
I will stop procrastinating (one of these days) and deal with it, its just all so scary. And I am dreading xmas, I love spoiling my family, even though I can't really afford it but this year I am going to make a conscious effort to do everything as cheaply as possible.
well, thought I would introduce myself and I hope this will kick start me into sitting down and sorting it all out
xx
0
Comments
-
Hi Rik and welcome to DFW. Well done on posting. Have you had a look at the sticky post at the top of the threads on DFW titled 'first time posters' ? this is a great place to start. I find the budget planner brilliant and use it all the time but if you cant face it then try to do a Statement Of Affairs ( SOA ) using the template on the 'first time posters' thread. It may be daunting at first and may make you feel worse but you will be able to get the best advice then and plan for things like Christmas.
all the best and good luck xoopsx:cool: Official DFW Nerd Club Member #37 Debt free Feb 07 :cool:0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards