experian charges

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaiming Mortgage Fees, Council Tax, etc
2 replies 1.2K views
glennd8glennd8 Forumite
1 Post
hello
has anyone had any problems with stopping the monthly payment to experian they have been taking out £14.99 a month from my credit card for 3 years + they do not ask to renew it thye just take the money , but i have had no service for this they do not email with updates nothing at all and the service seems to be free now as my wife signed up for free this year .
i would like a refund of my payments if the service is free as they should not be charging £14.99 a month , also how do i stop the money , ive tried to email and they have not responded.
any help much appreciated
thankyou

Replies

• zx81zx81 Forumite
    33.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Although you can get your credit reports for free, the service you signed up for is chargeable.

Contact them again if they have not yet responded. If it is only a monthly contract, you could also cancel with your bank.
  • NasqueronNasqueron Forumite
    7.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    You are paying for the "improvement" service where you pay the company who gives you a score to help you improve the score that they control. You can ask for a refund but given they are providing the service you paid them for, there is no reason they have to.
    the concept of a United States of Europe is right.” Winston Churchill 1930
    I think that the Government are right to apply to join the European Economic Community...” -Winston Churchill 1961
    “The future of Europe if Britain were to be excluded is black indeed.”[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] - Winston Churchill 1963
    [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Tesco launches its first ever...

...checkout-free supermarket store

MSE News

25+ ways to stop scams

Plus what to do if you're a victim

MSE Guides

Beauty Advent calendar round-up

The Body Shop, Holland & Barrett etc

MSE Deals