We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Help!!!!!!!!!!!

I have just worked out all of my creditors and with the amount I am paying them each month, I am going to be in debt until I am 95!!!! (if I live that long)

How can I bring them down quicker? they are not accumilating interest, do I start paying the smallest more first or the oldest or the largest???

Comments

  • Burlesque_Babe
    Burlesque_Babe Posts: 17,547 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Photogenic Combo Breaker
    hi there

    I would recommend putting up a Statement of Affairs (SOA), all the details are in the sticky at the top of the board.

    This will give everyone the opportunity to have a look at your situation and help you get the debt down as quickly as possible.

    As to which to pay off first, if none of them have any interest accumulating, then go for whatever makes you feel best psychologically. Paying off the small ones will help you feel you are making quick in-roads, but you might want to tackle a big one first to see a larger chunk disappear when it's all paid off.
    :D"Stay Wonky":D

    :j:jBecome Mrs Pepe 9 October 2012 :j:j
  • wymondham
    wymondham Posts: 6,356 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Mortgage-free Glee!
    would this post benefit from being moved to the debt free one ?
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.