We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Trip to the Trafford Centre - on the cheap

I'm off to the Trafford Centre to do some Christmas shopping this weekend (though thankfully I've done most of it already:j :j ) but I'm desperate not to spend too much.

Does anyone have any tips of cheapish places to eat or any top bargains I should maybe try to get? :think:
Reality check - hit rock bottom on 15 Dec 2008 with unsecured debts of £29,136 and not enough money to live on

:j NOW DEBT FREE!!!! :j
:oI try to take life one day at a time but sometimes several days attack me at once :o

Comments

  • ormus
    ormus Posts: 42,714 Forumite
    walk across the road and eat at asda.
    theres nowt cheap at the TC, the rents are too expensive. very expensive!
    Get some gorm.
  • Go onto the Elizabeth Arden website - they have this new Mascara out - fill in a few details and it provides you with a form that you can take to places that has a E A counter and get a free sample mascara -comes in a lovely box - take a few copies with you and do the rounds -
  • rog2
    rog2 Posts: 11,650 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    The cheapest way to shop at the Trafford Centre is to drive to Cheshire Oaks Outlet Village. Even there you can still eat at the ASDA store next to it.
    I am NOT, nor do I profess to be, a Qualified Debt Adviser. I have made MANY mistakes and have OFTEN been the unwitting victim of the the shamefull tactics of the Financial Industry.
    If any of my experiences, or the knowledge that I have gained from those experiences, can help anyone who finds themselves in similar circumstances, then my experiences have not been in vain.

    HMRC Bankruptcy Statistic - 26th October 2006 - 23rd April 2007 BCSC Member No. 7

    DFW Nerd # 166 PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS
  • anniestar
    anniestar Posts: 2,600 Forumite
    Just to let you know that the ASDA cafe is now only a Mc Donalds:mad: ALL of the food outlets are pretty pricy, however if you have a costo card(or have courage)then there is a costco right behind ASDA.If you don't have a card go in the main entrance, take the second opening(the exit from the store)and walk in it is very unusual to be challenged(I have been asked for my card when going in to eat once in 8 years and if you were j you could just say I'm just nipping to loo/to get a replacement card/join/going to get something to eat) the cafe there is great-muffins, cakes, mince pies(yum!) 50p, a huge slice of pizza £1.25, decent jacket spuds with up to two fillings for £1.25 all fresh and very nice. The TC is my local shops I can see it from upstairs.To be honest its a shame that I have a lot on my plate at the mo-you could gladly have some home made soup or a butty if I was a little less stressed. There is a nice veggie place(one of the outlets in the orient) that is not too bad price wise. Also the Trafford Arms (upstairs overloking the orient)is also not too bad. If you like to graze then La Taska(SP?) The Spanish bar has loads of tapas stuff you can buy just one item if you want and they dont tut. Whatever you do have a safe journey and do enjoy your trip. It looked horrific today LOADS of car park full notices AND couldn't park in ASDA(to get some bananas:mad: :mad: )as it was totally full.Still went to COSTCO and got a free box of Krispy Kreme donuts(VERY nice indeed:j - so not a total write off) Take care an dif you see a very strange woman muttering something like I only want a blo*dy paper do say hi:rotfl:
    Blind as you run...aware you were staring at the sun.

    And when no hope was left inside on that starry starry night.

    :A Level 42- the reason I exist. :A
  • rog2
    rog2 Posts: 11,650 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    anniestar wrote: »
    If you like to graze then La Taska(SP?) The Spanish bar has loads of tapas stuff you can buy just one item if you want and they dont tut.
    Take care an dif you see a very strange woman muttering something like I only want a blo*dy paper do say hi:rotfl:

    Hi Annie - I used to get 'dragged' to La Taska' on a regular basis when visiting my youngest daughter at uni - she said it was because of the prices but, to be honest, it was her way of getting me into the TC.:rolleyes:

    Hope you got your paper. :rotfl: :rotfl:
    I am NOT, nor do I profess to be, a Qualified Debt Adviser. I have made MANY mistakes and have OFTEN been the unwitting victim of the the shamefull tactics of the Financial Industry.
    If any of my experiences, or the knowledge that I have gained from those experiences, can help anyone who finds themselves in similar circumstances, then my experiences have not been in vain.

    HMRC Bankruptcy Statistic - 26th October 2006 - 23rd April 2007 BCSC Member No. 7

    DFW Nerd # 166 PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS
  • anniestar
    anniestar Posts: 2,600 Forumite
    rog2 wrote: »
    Hi Annie - I used to get 'dragged' to La Taska' on a regular basis when visiting my youngest daughter at uni - she said it was because of the prices but, to be honest, it was her way of getting me into the TC.:rolleyes:

    Hope you got your paper. :rotfl: :rotfl:
    I did get a paper but there is no way on earth I would venture into the TC today to get one:rotfl: I LOVE La Taska yum yum yum. Your daughter has great taste.
    Blind as you run...aware you were staring at the sun.

    And when no hope was left inside on that starry starry night.

    :A Level 42- the reason I exist. :A
  • rog2
    rog2 Posts: 11,650 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    anniestar wrote: »
    Your daughter has great taste.

    Indeed Annie - 'Champagne Tastes - Beer Income' :rotfl: :rotfl:
    I am NOT, nor do I profess to be, a Qualified Debt Adviser. I have made MANY mistakes and have OFTEN been the unwitting victim of the the shamefull tactics of the Financial Industry.
    If any of my experiences, or the knowledge that I have gained from those experiences, can help anyone who finds themselves in similar circumstances, then my experiences have not been in vain.

    HMRC Bankruptcy Statistic - 26th October 2006 - 23rd April 2007 BCSC Member No. 7

    DFW Nerd # 166 PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.