Reglazing glasses

I am looking to get a pair of glasses reglazed and just wondered if anyone can recommend a good company for this. There are a few online, but I always feel happier if other people have had a good experience.

Many thanks.
Stopped smoking 27/12/2007, but could start again at any time :eek:

Comments

• Gloomendoom
    Gloomendoom Posts: 16,550
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I've used these people twice and am very happy with their work. I have claimed on their scratch guarantee with no problems too.

https://reglazemyglasses.com/
  • melbury
    melbury Posts: 13,249
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    I've used these people twice and am very happy with their work. I have claimed on their scratch guarantee with no problems too.

https://reglazemyglasses.com/

Thanks for the information.

Just out of interest, are they pretty good at sticking to the prices shown on their website, even though they contact you to tell you what it will cost.

I read one review that said when they phone to tell you how much, they try and get you to upgrade etc.
    Stopped smoking 27/12/2007, but could start again at any time :eek:

• Go on eBay. The link below is for a £10 single vision reglazing. They also do varifocals, bifocals and prescription sunglasses. When I bought mine from there it only cost me £12.50 for my glasses AND sunglasses because there is a single use offer code on there that will give you £10 off!! AMAZING!!

Once you have paid, just send your glasses & prescription to the address they specify and you will get them back within a matter of DAYS. This is by far the cheapest reglazing service I have ever come across!!

wait... it wont let me post a link!! search for eBay user tazza1967 instead.
  • My local optician (used to be independent, now Vision Express but still the same staff) did mine, the dispensing optician didn't seem at all phased by me saying I liked the frames I had and just wanted new lenses.
    Proud member of the wokerati, though I don't eat tofu.Home is where my books are.Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.Mortgage free July 2023
  • It certainly used to be absolutely the norm for one's own high street optician to reglaze frames if that's what you wanted.

Don't know if it is these days - but they certainly should do so if you tell them to. If they're awkward about it - then find a new High Street optician and "vote with your feet".
  • PDC
    PDC Posts: 805 Forumite
    I had a pair redone at Specsavers though they weren't that happy to do it and did their best to put me off - I guess there is more profit in selling new frames. Turned out fine though.
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,456
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Independent opticians can be very good.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • Hi I have used glasses2you.co.uk, found them to be very reasonable for 2 pairs of reglazed complex lenses.   Sign up to their website for a discount codes and ask for a quote.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback