Cabot Financial Chasing Debt

Options

Comments

• fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    As this is is primarily a debt issue, and not a credit file one, I'll move this thread to the Debt-Free Wannabe board which is more appropriate for answers on the issues here.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • Art1972
    Art1972 Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    Fermi- You said that if a CCJ did exist and they try to enforce it that I would oppose it. If that CCJ isn’t showing up on my credit file, which I’ve checked and it isn’t, then how could they try to enforce it and could they do that? Also how could I oppose it? Sorry if I sounds green but all this is new to me.
  • Willing2Learn
    Options
    I believe the CCJ will only show up on CRA records for six years. Your alleged CCJ is older than this and therefore is not being shown on your credit file(s).

I believe that your creditor (Cabot) must supply you with evidence of the CCJ upon your request. For enforcement purposes, I believe that Cabot must go back to court if they wish to enforce the CCJ. The court may feel that Cabot will have to have had a very good reason to have not sought enforcement much earlier....
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • Art1972
    Art1972 Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you Willing2Learn. That had helped so let’s see where this leads. Will keep everyone posted.
  • fermi
    Options
    I've hidden the last post: Please redact personal and case specific info from any posts/links posted on the forum.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

• Art1972
    Options
    fermi wrote: »
    I've hidden the last post: Please redact personal and case specific info from any posts/links posted on the forum.

I am so sorry for this mistake. :mad: It won’t happen again.

Can I still se my last post so I can copy and paste the text and put it back on here without the photos?
  • Just_Di
    Just_Di Posts: 385 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 14 December 2018 at 10:46PM
    Options
    Art1972 wrote: »
    I am so sorry for this mistake. :mad: It won’t happen again.

Can I still se my last post so I can copy and paste the text and put it back on here without the photos?

I saw (at least I think I saw :)) your last post which included the claim form issued by Mortimer Clarke solicitors on behalf of their client.

I was interested to see that the Claimant is not named as Cabot.

The value of the claim is over £17k so you need proper legal advice on how to handle the situation.

Di
  • Art1972
    Options
    Hi all,

Well after a while I’ve had a reply from Cabot and they’ve told me there was a CCJ taken out back in 2010 and they’ve sent me a copy of the so called Claim Form.

I have 3 issues with this so called Claim Form and they are:-

1- If it is mine then they’ve sold my name wrong
    2- The address doesn’t exist as the street name and town are in Northern Ireland and the post code is in Southampton. I’ve never lived in Northern Ireland
    3- The Claim Form isn’t even signed

Thy want me to call them to set up and affordable payment plan which of course I’m not going to do as I think that this claim form is looking very dodgy.

I would just like advice if I should contact the Financial Ombudsman, take them to court or at least have some advice on how to get these gits off my back as they’ve said that this is their final correspondence under the terms of their complaints process.

I hope someone can help

Thanks in advance
  • Art1972
    Options
    Just_Di wrote: »
    I saw (at least I think I saw :)) your last post which included the claim form issued by Mortimer Clarke solicitors on behalf of their client.

I was interested to see that the Claimant is not named as Cabot.

The value of the claim is over £17k so you need proper legal advice on how to handle the situation.

Di

I noticed that as well so I don’t know what the hell is going on to be honest Di. I’m losing sleep over this as these guys are relentless.
  • fermi
    Options
    More legal focused forum often very useful is: https://legalbeagles.info/forums/

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure