NEW: Got questions about energy? Put them to Gary and Andrew from MSE's Utilities team during our energy-themed 'Ask An Expert' event. Check back here from Tuesday 9 August, 12pm

Curry’s personal details

Hi.

Not really a money saving question but just want some advice.

Have just been to Curry’s to but a PS4 pro. Didn’t want to give my personal details and was told he couldn’t sell me it without my details as the manufacturer needs it for our guarantee. Can anyone tell me if this is true?

Thanks

Replies

• onomatopoeia99onomatopoeia99 Forumite
    6.7K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I wondered if it was to do with the wireless & telegraphy act 1967, but the relevant clause of that was repealed a few years back. The memo may not have reached Currys staff though.
    Home is where my books are.

Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.
    Mortgage neutral target Jun 2019, achieved Dec 2018.
  • DCFC79DCFC79 Forumite
    40.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    ynnel1980 wrote: »
    Hi.

Not really a money saving question but just want some advice.

Have just been to Curry’s to but a PS4 pro. Didn’t want to give my personal details and was told he couldn’t sell me it without my details as the manufacturer needs it for our guarantee. Can anyone tell me if this is true?

Thanks

What are you concermed about ?
  • i think the concern is that there is no line of credit, and they want your details for a purchase. that would be tesco asking you for personal details for your weekly shopping

i dont see it as a bad idea, and makes like easier for if there is an issue, a quick call to their so called "tech support" will have your details etc, and not needing to verify purchases

if you dont like it and uncomfortable with it, buy it somewhere else
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Homes, hornets & high heels

This week's MSE Forum highlights

MSE Forum

Kids eat for 'free' or £1 this summer

Little ones can enjoy hot meals for less

MSE Deals