I Have a Dream

Options
This is the beginning of a diary which I hope will chart my progress out of debt and into my dream. But first I have to conquer the run of bad luck I'm currently experiencing - I thought I would sell a few things on ebay to raise some much needed cash. So far I had an item returned (buyer's remorse), a refund issued as an item arrived damaged and due to an idiot woman at my local delivery office defacing my label a 48hr tracked parcel sent to a buyer on 12th Nov is finally out for delivery today. What's the betting that is damaged as well. In addition PayPal have jumped in and put my sales proceeds on hold and then when one cleared they put the withdrawal to my bank on hold too.

I know the above is more rant than diary but when every day throws obstacles in your way, when you are doing your level best to get out of debt you end up wanting to punch someone, which nearly happened to a woman this morning in the Asda coffee shop who wanted to sit at my table (loads of others free, but mine was a window table) and then proceeded to move my stuff around the table.

Sorry there goes another rant!

I have currently £8k debt, hardly any income coming in, my partner who I was living with died 6 weeks ago and left a will leaving all of his estate to charity. I am still recovering from the trauma of finding his body and being told by the 999 services to drag him off his chair and administer CPR. He was in full rigor (massive heart attack) and I had to drag his cold,stiff body by the ankles on to the floor. Luckily the ambulance guys turned up at that point.

So there is just me and my elderly cat wondering what the hell we are going to do now.

The debt is my own stupidity, but the trauma and bad luck isn't. I'm starting this diary to see if I can turn things around and get to my dream - a little cottage in France with a huge garden and loads of wildlife. A place in the sun for me and Poppy my cat to spend our final years together.
Flowers are sunshine for the soul

Comments

• Pennysmakepounds
    Options
    my partner who I was living with died 6 weeks ago and left a will leaving all of his estate to charity.

Sorry to hear about your bad luck.

That is just out of order, Some people have no consideration at all for the people in their lives.
    :jTo be Young AGAIN!!!!...what a wonderfull thought!!!!!:rolleyes:
  • Choccygirl123
    Options
    Hello poppy,

I'm really sorry for your loss, it sounds like you've had a really traumatic few weeks.

You've come to the right place and I'm sure posting regularly will keep you focussed and not adding to the debt. Life is short you've got to enjoy every minute.

A little place in France sounds like a lovely idea x
    Finally Debt Free 24/4/2023 
  • Poppy_Golightly
    Options
    You have no idea of all the things I want to do with his ashes! One of them involves my cat's litter tray! I am constantly alternating between grief and anger. To add insult to injury the charities named are animal charities. My dear little Poppy is getting on a bit and I can forsee expensive vet bills on the horizon. It just doesn't seem fair. But I suppose life isn't and you just got to suck it up.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,296 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Well at least you can off load here.
    Would one of the debt charitys be able to give you some help & support?
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • MrsOli
    MrsOli Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    I love the sound of your dream - a cottage in France - you can do it!!
  • BabyStepper
    Options
    Sorry to hear about the dreadful time you're having, sounds very rough indeed. I never did understand the NHS' policy about forcing friends or family to do CPR, as if you don't have enough to deal with in the moment of finding a love one deceased. Feel free to grouch on here, it's a good place for that.

Good luck with the debt busting.
    Emergency fund £8,500/£8,500
    Mortgage overpayment £260
    Debtfree!
    £21,228.07 paid off in 22 months
  • Poppy_Golightly
    Options
    Thank you BabyStepper. I wasn't able to sleep without the light on for about a month afterwards and even now I wake up in the middle of the night in a panic. Half the time though it's Poppy jumping on the bed and chancing her arm asking for food. 3am and I am downstairs chopping up chicken bits for her! Done that a few times recently!

The other nightmare in my life is PayPal. Why are they so incapable of reading and understanding a question? Twice now I have had a cut and paste reply which bears no relation to what I asked in the first instance. I will keep going though until I get through to whoever has the company brain cell.

I've just had threats of imminent suspension for some web hosting I renew annually. Normally I would just pay the renewal, but this time I decided to look at what I was paying for and to be honest apart from ownership (not hosting) of 2 domains the rest can disappear in to cyberspace.

I have a free Blogger hosted site and at the moment that's enough for me. When you are up against it you seem to acquire a clarity as to what's really important.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport