We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Update and some advice pls!
irishmanc
Posts: 48 Forumite
Hiya,
Its been a good few months since my last post, mainly because my life has become dominated by exams! Boo! I thought I'd give you guys my latest SOA and ask for a little help.
Firstly, my mob contract ends soon, finally. I have found out that this yr so far I have spent over £600 pounds on my mobile phone! I have a 3 contract, with 300 mins and 100 texts. I can't control myself and go over. I really want to go PAYG to knuckle down and control this, spending a max of £15 a month. Anyone think this is a good idea? I am really worried about getting another contract as no matter how many mins free they give me I will def go over, I have no self-control! I also have a discounted t-mob line with off-peaks mins, but the phone is knackered.
My SOA is as follows:
Incoming:
Salary (less student loan and sharesave scheme) : 1483.79
Rent from room: 262.00
Total: £1745.79
Outgoings:
Mortgage: 879.70
Countil Tax: 87.00
Gas&Elec: 27.00
TV: 11.37
T-mobile: 5.01
3mobile: 55.00 (ave for yr so far!!)
Insurance: 11.68
Laptop cover: 2.39
Water: 20 (saving this for my 6 monthly bill)
Flat Maint: 25 (yearly bill in 300)
Food/treats: 100 (spend on my cash back card and pay off in full every month)
I put £55 in my savings account for birthdays/xmas etc. The remaining balance is put towards one of my 3 0% cc, whose balances total £7,037.48.
I am getting broadband (with talk talk) on Friday, the cost of which will be split with my faltmate, so that will be an additional £20 expense. However, I want to start matched betting and doing more dailyclicks/quidco etc to boost my income.
Any tips/advice would be much appreciated. Love this site, x
Its been a good few months since my last post, mainly because my life has become dominated by exams! Boo! I thought I'd give you guys my latest SOA and ask for a little help.
Firstly, my mob contract ends soon, finally. I have found out that this yr so far I have spent over £600 pounds on my mobile phone! I have a 3 contract, with 300 mins and 100 texts. I can't control myself and go over. I really want to go PAYG to knuckle down and control this, spending a max of £15 a month. Anyone think this is a good idea? I am really worried about getting another contract as no matter how many mins free they give me I will def go over, I have no self-control! I also have a discounted t-mob line with off-peaks mins, but the phone is knackered.
My SOA is as follows:
Incoming:
Salary (less student loan and sharesave scheme) : 1483.79
Rent from room: 262.00
Total: £1745.79
Outgoings:
Mortgage: 879.70
Countil Tax: 87.00
Gas&Elec: 27.00
TV: 11.37
T-mobile: 5.01
3mobile: 55.00 (ave for yr so far!!)
Insurance: 11.68
Laptop cover: 2.39
Water: 20 (saving this for my 6 monthly bill)
Flat Maint: 25 (yearly bill in 300)
Food/treats: 100 (spend on my cash back card and pay off in full every month)
I put £55 in my savings account for birthdays/xmas etc. The remaining balance is put towards one of my 3 0% cc, whose balances total £7,037.48.
I am getting broadband (with talk talk) on Friday, the cost of which will be split with my faltmate, so that will be an additional £20 expense. However, I want to start matched betting and doing more dailyclicks/quidco etc to boost my income.
Any tips/advice would be much appreciated. Love this site, x
£6,838.71 all on 0% CC, what a change!
0
Comments
-
If you are looking for a good mobile deal at themoment check out 02s 15 quid a month selection.
Also go through quidco as you will get a 23 pound cashback.
best of all this is a monthly contract with 30 days notice at any time
0 -
Thanks Kevicho, I'm having a look at the o2 website now!£6,838.71 all on 0% CC, what a change!0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards